I Loved You

He wasn't the Hawk she knew.

The warm, loving, and playful husband of hers was no longer staying in the same shape.

He turned to a total stranger. Cold and distant.

Like as if they didn't know each other.

Dropping the novel aggressively on the night stand, Rose stirred herself up from her bed.

She took her phone and tried to call him, and as expected, he didn't answer.

Her calling history was full of Hawk's number. There was at least 31 attempts of trying to call him.

Rose grew frustrated.

She craved for his touch everyday; His kisses, his hugs— everything.

But, those things were just a dream that would never come true.

Hawk always came home late, ignoring her completely. The last time he put his whole attention to her was a few months ago—when they had their first time.

Rose recalled the way Hawk looked at her: Lust. Only lust filled in his eyes. That night was indescribable. It was the last time Hawk showed affection to his own wife.

The window was cold and foggy from the rain, dripping coolly like tears flowing through her hot cheeks. The feeling of the cold drops of rain recalled the thoughts of how Hawk would gift her with multiple silent treatments. The burning sensation inside her, was like the way he would yell at her for no reason.

Feeling alone and depressed, Rose decided to wash her thoughts away by walking through the wet streets. As she was about to reach the handle of her umbrella, her elbow accidentally nudged the wooden frame of a photo, making it fall and the glass shattered.

Cursing her clumsiness, Rose bent down and cleaned the glass shards spreaded on the carpet, throwing them to a bin. As she took the photo into her hands, she regretted doing it in the very last second; The photo of her and Hawk's first date at a café.

Tears form in her eyes without her realizing. Remembering the old days with him only pained her. She and Hawk had been dating for nearly four years, and married for three years. She remembered how he would say no one could separate them, it turned out to be he himself— the heroic Hawk SnowWhite who silently tearing them apart.

Rose tried everything in her power to fix their relationship. It was getting toxic.

She loved him with her whole heart. Always.

But she had no idea if Hawk still felt the same.

Brushing it off, she wore her jacket and walked towards her exit, leaving her house and walked following the path.

•|•|•

She had no idea where she was going. Her feet were leading her to nowhere. Rose, with an umbrella in her palm, kept walking and towards the place she wished to never come.

As she passed through a cream-painted house, something caught her eye, making her stop dead on her tracks. Rose blinked, and blinked again. She was doubting her eyesight as a navy blue sports car sat in front of her.

What is Hawk doing in Ambrosia's place?

Rose decided to call Hawk and talk to him. She called Ambrosia's name several times, but no one answered.

She also noticed Hawk's favourite pair of sneakers was there. Then her expectation was right— Hawk was inside.

The door was weirdly open. As she knew, the granddaughter of Sleeping Beauty never let the front door open like that everytime she payed her a visit. Ambrosia must've forgotten to lock it, she thought.