On Her Tiptoes

"You did? Aww, cute!"

Rose nursed a grievance as both Travis and Shawn tried to hold back laughter. Astoria felt really bad to ridicule her, but she just couldn't help it.

Her face was a clear expression of embarrassed and irritated. The navy-haired boy sitting next to her folded his arms and smirked triumphantly.

"My girlfriend is just so short that she needs to tiptoe to kiss me."

"I'm not that short, you're too tall!"

"Shortie."

"I'm not!"

Ling Ling and Joy watched with funny expression on their faces as the couple argued. Rose complained about how tall Hawk was and wished for him to be shorter, while Hawk said otherwise.

"I'm technically taller than Astoria, you know. She wears heels, and I wear flat shoes!"

"Yeah, whatever you say, shortie."

Rose frowned. "Pumpkin seeds! Why did I even agree to date you?"

After hearing her question, Hawk leaned over and grabbed her chin— making her face him. "Because, I'm sure a certain someone said that I'm a pretty sweet guy."

Staring into his electrifying orbs made the world stop moving. Rose could feel her face heat up when she reminisced the moment.

She didn't want to admit she had said that. She, Rose Cinderella, stated that Hawk was truly a gentleman. Scolding herself for being blunt and stupid, Rose shoved the boy centimetres away from her face, denying the truth.

"I didn't say that."

"I didn't say it was you, either." Hawk shot back, satisfied to see her already flushed face. "Gotcha."

Either way, her friends weren't helping. Astoria rose from her seat, and teasingly tiptoed herself to kiss Shawn on the cheek. Ling Ling followed suit as Travis was already red from the long, passionate kiss she gave.

"I hate you all. Especially you."

Hawk hugged her small figure from behind. Letting go an airy laugh against her neck, he whispered. "I love you, too, Shortie."

※※※