Part 9

Sorry it's late- it's been a busy day!!

————————

"Always"

You looked at him, and done something no one had ever done to him. You walked over and sat down next to him, looked him dead in the eyes, and said, " no one is 'always' alright. Now tell me the truth. You can trust me."

Your kind words completely shattered the defences he had build up over the years on his life. His eyes pricked with tears, and before he knew it he had broken down into heart shattering sobs.

You wrapped our arms around him and held him while his whole body shook with violent sobs. You rubbed circles into his back, and ran your fingers through his freshly cut hair.

You whispered soothing things in his ear, and held him. He had never felt so comfortable in someone's embrace, even peppers.

Eventually the sobs died down, and he rested his head against your shoulder. "im sorry." he whispered.

"don't apologise. Howard are you okay?"

he nodded softly and from the stress of the relived memory's, he fell asleep against you. You smiled at how peaceful he looked when he was asleep. You managed to wriggle out from underneath him, and replaced your shoulder with a cushion. You placed a blanket over him to keep him warm, and picked your bag up, and quietly left to get dinner.

-- -- -- -- --

Tony was sweating. He thrashed back and forth on the sofa, vivid images dancing before him, forming tears I n his eyes. The liquid soon spilled from his eyes, sobs shook his body once more.

- - -

"It wasn't him Tony, Hydra had control of his mind."

"move!"

He flew up to get past, " it wasn't him!" steve shouted as he grabbed hold of the boot, before hitting it repeatedly with the shield, damaging it's function. He managed to get away, and using his lazer, broke away a part of the ceiling to block him from sight.

He flew up to get Bucky, but the boot was damaged and Bucky was quick- he was a suer soldier.

He boot gave out and he had to land on the metal raining, "oh crap."

Bucky was getting to close to the exit, so he manually shot the hinge, closing his only escape ruit.

- - - - -

" This isn't going to change what happened."

"I don't care... he killed my mom."

The fight broke out, both taking majure hits that could kill an ordinary man. It was brutal, neither truly wishing to kill- just avenge.

It was self defence. Bucky didn't know, but he could have killed him. It was elf defence.

But it enraged Steve- to the point were murder seemed plausible.

He rushed forward and violently attacked the grieving man- his former friend- the same man who was related to the scientist who created him, built his shield to protect him. The man that had housed him when he had nothing, the man who helped him when no else did, listened when no one else could understand, the man who had his back during fights, the man who said they would be together ... forever. The same man who had called him a friend.

He didn't care for any of that. His friend from the 40's was back. None of that mattered now, even if he had murdered his parents.

He fought to kill. But tony had gotten he upper hand. Steve was on the ground, next to bucky who had been knocked out,

"he's my friend."

"so was I "

They fought again, Steve was knocked to the ground, Bucky gained consciousness, saw steve's vunerable position and attacked ton once again. Tony turned and kicked him in the jaw, giving Steve the opportunity to pounce. Tony was forced to the ground, and Steve took his opportunity.

He lifted the shield above his head , and thrusted it don into the arc will full force. He light flicked, before he twisted it and took it out.

And he walked away, not looking back, not seeing that ton couldn't breathe, he used his last breath to avenge his parents.

"you don't deserve that shield. My father made that shield."

Ans Steve broke the one last connection the former friends had, he dropped the shield, without a second thought, and left. If it wasn't for Friday's backup system. Tony Stark would truly be dead. But thanks to the system tony made himself, he was alive, but the avengers didn't care. Tony Stark was dead in the eyes of his 'friends'.

-- -- -- -- --

Tony jumped up, tears pouring from is eyes. The horrors had left him for months, but they had come back with more power than before.

He was in the middle of a panic attack- again- on his own, in an unknown place. The voices nerve stopped, the vivid images , the fear he felt, thinking he was going to kill him, but the truth was- he did kill him, because Tony Stark will never be the same.

Exhaustion took over him, and he collapsed back down onto the sofa, your scent filling his lungs and comforting him in his time of need- but just like everyone else, you weren't there when he needed you.