Chapter 44: Selecting Classes

[Free Horizon Adventurer's Guild  - Evergreen Village]

[Hakio]

It would seem that I am not the only one that has gone through a change.

Tay-ki was wearing piercings in his ears.

Instead of the normal frilly dresses that Tiara always wears, she is dressed in a comfortable pants and shirt to make movement more comfortable. It looks similar to the way that my sister dresses.

Eryville looked calmer than she usually acted and her new hairstyle made her really adorable!

Sael looked the same as always, except for all the burnt scars on his forearms and neck. He was also carrying a sword by his side.

William is the one that surprised me the most.

While his appearance didn't change much something had definitely changed about him. The air of arrogance and violent tendencies wasn't as strong as it usually was.

The first time I noticed was because of the way he approached me this morning.

It was after our guild master, Kotomine Kai, announced the change of our guild from 'Bladed Arrows' to 'Free Horizon'. We weren't just hunters any more. We were adventurers.

The moment he had announced it, everything had slowed down. It's been my dream since I became able to think to want to go on an adventure, but when it was finally attained. I started to question it.

Did I deserve it?

Is this how it should have happened?

Why don't I feel as accomplished as I wanted to feel?

Just then I felt a jab against my rib. To my surprise, it was Tiara who had done it as we entered the guild.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"You looked like you were over thinking things, stop it." She said while sighing. "I know you've wanted to be an adventurer for a long time but when our dreams are given to us we don't feel accomplished."

"If you know that, then why -"

"Tell me quickly, why did you want to become an adventurer in the first place?"

"That's... Because..." I trailed off as I remembered. The reason was to get away from her, go on actual adventures and fight demons. Being an adventurer was just the title that came with it. But thinking about it now, do I even want to leave the village anymore?

Tiara realized that I found my answer and smirked. "Even you realize it then then stop worrying, you're annoying the rest of us."

"It's better if you learn to relax." Eryville was the one who said that.

"Yeah. You're the strongest out if us here and you still worry about trivial things. Come on!" Sael joined in.

"Master has to cheer up! The fun is just beginning!" Suzu said as she jumped in front of me in an excited manner.

Pat! Pat!

The one who patted my shoulder was Tay-ki. When I looked at him he just smiled. "I don't even need to say it, do I?" He asked.

Hearing them all speak like this made me really happy. I immediately calmed down after letting a heavy sigh escape my mouth.

"Thanks, everyone." I said and smiled. Guess there are still a few things I need to work but it would seem that I don't just have one or two people that I can depend. That made me really happy.