Chapter 43: The Adventurer's Guild

[The Guild - Evergreen Village]

[Kotomine Kai]

The day has finally come.

It had taken me a month of careful planning and creating connections and countless talks with the Chief and still hiding it from my wife before I finally got to this day and still make it a surprise.

Now I'm standing with my back towards the guild. In front of me are all the guild members, exactly 57 of them and then 6 new initiates, meaning I have 63 members of the guild.

They are all standing in a crowd and waiting for everything to start. The normal civilians are standing behind them and the parents of the initiates have reserved seats that I put for them.

I was standing on a small stage that we had built so that everyone could see us.

It was my wife and I, Chief Roman, Alstif and two people that I had recently built a connection with. They were both kitsune.

The one was man as tall the chief, his tails - he has five bushy tails - and hair were completely silver. I don't know if it's because of his age or that's his natural colour. His face is a bit scruffy and looks like its been through a lot in life. He wore black and red robes that their village referred to as kimonos.

He was their village leader, Shiro Kagami. The name of their village is the White Orchid Village.

The young lady standing next to him is someone I am already acquainted with and helped smoothen things over with talking to each other. She had three tails and I think that she's dating my son, Melancholy.

As it had turned out, they also had a guild and Melancholy is the  daughter of their guild master so she came to represent them.

"When are you starting?" Bella asked as she stood next to me.

"You just want to know what I have planned for the guild, don't you?" I say with a smirk. It's obvious that I'm teasing her.

"........ No..." She replied.

"That hesitation was all I needed."

"I'll get you later..." She muttered.

Sweat started to gather around my forehead. I know that she meant it.

"O-oh look, we're starting! Hahaha..." I try to shake off the fear that I am experiencing right now by laughing.

But we were starting.

The chief had given me the signal and then I made my way to the centre of the stage. Everyone had stopped buzzing and started paying attention to me. It was finally time to let everyone know.

"Welcome everyone! The time has come for to let everyone in on what has been taking place that you all may be unaware of." I started. "First of all, congratulations to the initiates. You have all done splendidly during the festival and you all more than deserve to be part of the guild. A round of applause everyone!" I started clapping and everyone started to clap along.

The six initiates, who were all standing in the forefront so that they stood out, all had smiles on their faces. Looking at them now and comparing them from a month ago I saw that they had definitely matured.

This showed that they had passed the festival in the way I had hoped.

After the round of applause had settled down I cleared my throat to continue.

I'm really excited!

I wonder if anyone else notices how much I'm struggling to contain myself.

"Recently, our village has made contact with the outside world. In a region over Falla Mountains, we came into contact with the kitsune village, White Orchid. Their leader, Shiro Kagami, has come to an agreement with our chief. From now on, Evergreen Village and White Orchid Village will be in close contact with one another and a lot of business will transpire between the two." I look at the faces of the villagers as I said this.

They didn't look like they were completely open to the idea.

Our village has been secluded from the rest if the world for such a long time that that is all our village knows. We have stagnated. We are contempt with the way we are living now.

I despised that so much.

Our village, for as long as I have known it, has always been the same way. We are born, we eat, we sleep, we start a family, we die. End of story. Nothing is different for anyone in the village.

When Mordred had left, the only one he told that he was leaving was me. I wanted to go with him but that day was the same day I was made the Guild Master of Bladed Arrows.

"This village feels empty to me. I'll look for a way to fill it. You find your own way to do that here."

I'll never forget those words. They have been with me for so long because I felt the same way he did.

Now I found my own way to change everything.

"Change." I started again. "It is evident that everything is changing. The village can no longer stagnate the same way it used to. Our guild is not just for killing demons and hunting for food. We cannot just be the same Hunter's Guild we have been for hundreds of years. That's why I'm changing it." I say and snap my fingers.

The insignia in front of the guild had a large sheet covering it the entire time. When I snapped my fingers Alstif threw a small knife and it cut the rope holding the shield. The sheet fell in a slow falling motions and when everyone turned to look they saw that it wasn't the same as it used to be.

It was an open grimoire with the two moons floating atop of it. The background was still green but the insignia itself was red and gold.

I turn to my wife who had a smirk on her face to show that she was impressed. All the guild members looked confused but they also seem to be admiring the insignia.

Hakio, Taylor-Kindred, Sael and Mikasa had stars in their eyes and kept saying "awesome!" as they stared ahead.

"We are no longer a Hunter's Guild!" I yell to accentuate my point. "We are no longer Bladed Arrows! We have gotten to a better point then that. We will be encompassing the entirety of what it means to change. We will be setting our sights on looking for ways to change! Make new discoveries, irrelevant of whether they are good or bad. We will be making a new journey for ourselves. We are no longer just Hunters!"

A pause. They all look in anticipation for what I'm trying to get across. I could almost hear all their heartneats. Or maybe it was just mine?

"We are ADVENTURERS! This is now and Adventurer's Guild. Welcome everyone!" I gesture to the newly improved guild.

"Welcome to Free Horizon Guild!"

As soon as those words leave my mouth, every member of the guild starts cheering as loud as they could.

This was the change that I have been waiting for.

Now it was time to get the second part of the plan in motion.

To Be Continued...