Chapter 29: Overcome yourself

[Guild House - Falla Mountains]

[Eryville]

William was holding on to his face as his nose continued spilling a crimson liquid. Hakio walked towards William and lifted him up by his neck. He tried to resist but his body suddenly stopped moving and all he could do was watch as Hakio held him in the air by his neck.

"I'm so sick of people like you." Hakio started.

"I'm so sick of people like you. Do you honestly only think you were the only one who was hurt from what happened to us? You came in here, trying to beat me up because you're blaming me for what happened to her?" Haki quickly glanced over at me then looked back at William. He gripped William tighter around his neck.

"Screw... you." William squeezed out.

"You've had a problem with me ever since we got here. Why do you hate me so badly? Is it because I'm human? Is it because I'm stronger than you? Huh? Tell me! You selfish bastard!" Hakio's voice sounded wavy.

William had a confused look on his face. It was a mixture of hatred and... empathy? Why empathy? As I thought about it I noticed that something was dripping towards the ground. It was tears.

Haki was crying.

Haki's body was starting to shiver as his frustrations grew. What makes it worse is that his grip on William's neck is also getting stronger. William's face was starting change colour as air wasn't reaching his lungs anymore.

"Haki!" I found out that I could use my voice again.

I immediately jump out of the bed and run to Hakio. I didn't what I could do so I just hugged him from behind his back. His body jerked when I touched him and his grip immediately left William's throat and he fell to the ground. William immediately started crawling backwards but Tiara walked after him and grabbed him by his collar and pulled him back into the room. "Where do you think you're going to escape to?"

"Shit..." He cursed under his breath.

"Huh? William? Huh? Whose holding me? E-E-Ery?!" He immediately started waving his arms awkwardly as he saw that I was the one holding him. The amount of malice I had felt from him earlier had dissipated and now he was back to his normal self. I couldn't but feel glad that he was okay again. Tiara seemed to agree with me as she also looked glad while holding onto William's shirt.

"A lot happened, but, I'm glad you're back." I say and smile while holding.

"I-I can un-understand that... b-but can y-you l-let go n-now?" Said Hakio in a soft voice. That's when I saw how badly he was blushing. Seeing this also made me turn red and I quickly let go with an awkward cough and start fiddling with my hands.

"I-I'm s-sorry..." I mumble.

"Not that I mind..." I heard him say softly and that caused me to make and awkward squeak sound but quickly covered my mouth.

"Asleep for three days and your already causing problems..." Someone let out a sigh as they said this. We all turned to the voice to see Alstif sitting on the windowsill.

"T-Teach? When did you get here??"

"Not long. Just enough to see what was about to unfold." He stood up and walked directly past us to the door. "Everybody meet in front of the guild house."

We all looked at each other and then at Alstif.

"Y-You're not gonna do anything about this?" Tiara was the first to speak.

He didn't turn to look at us, but his serious expression could be felt. "We're teaching you to become hunters. You need to learn on you're own how to 'grow' as a person."