Chapter 20: Real Friendship

[Deep in the forest]

[Hakio]

Everything hurts.

My body has never felt this much pain before. All I remember was running toward him and then... blank. It was so fast and hurt so much I could still not believe that it had happened. The only proof was my throbbing head and the cuts and gashes on my body. It was definitely air magic, I think. Ah, my head hurts so much but I think I remember what happened.

The spell he casted must've combined the use of air magic and earth magic. The air cut me up like blades cut me up and the earth magic use boulders to directly hit me while I flew against a tree. The spells was so close together that I thought it was one spell. His level of chanting was a very high coz I didn't even see him do it. Unless... He doesn't need to chant?

I look over to Eryville. She looks even worse than I do. I discovered that my body immediately starts healing after being hurt so I heal faster than the average person. She needed magic healing, and fast. She didn't look conscious but I saw her chest moving so she was still breathing.

I slowly and painfully get up but only manage to make it on my knees. I start crawling towards Eryville. She was a few meters away from me lying against a tree. The was a lot of blood running from her arm. She was really badly hurt. I need to help her with <Healing Touch>.

"Ery- uggggh!"

A kick went straight into my stomach and I flew against a tree. After hitting the tree I coughed up blood. It felt like my chest collapsed and my ribs were all broken. It felt like I was kicked with enough force to move a mountain. I was barely conscious now.

"Is that all you got? Here I was getting my hopes up. Just when I thought my job would give me the benefit of gaining a worthy opponent all I got was a little kid who came to fight me with his girlfriend." He complained to himself.

"What... Are you... After?" I managed to squeeze out of my lungs as I feel myself lose consciousness. My head is in so much pain but I feel it subside a little. I concentrate so the I can use <Healing Touch> internally on my body. It seems to be working because I'm awake now and no longer feel the need to sleep.

"This is why I love playing the villain. The hero of the story asking me what I'm after. Why would you do this? What are you after? Personally, I just do it because I love it. The actual reason would be the Codex." He walked towards me and with the flick of his wrist I raised into the air and was pushed against a tree. So that's his ability.

Telekinesis. The ability to move objects with your mind.

This was a form of dark magic that I couldn't find a way to use because there were vague descriptions on people using it. It was a special ability that almost no one could achieve even less master. But he made a mistake. He used it on me.

"Codex?" I ask. I don't know what he's talking about.

"Playing dumb, I see. I wonder why some humans think its a good idea, it never works and you only end up in worse pain." He closed his hand and my body felt like all the life was being sqeezed out of it.

"Chantless... Magic?"

"Hahaha, I wish. You see this." He showed me his right forearm.

His hand and forearm up to his elbow was covered in black markings of wavy lines and curly patterns. It looked more like body painting than a dangerous weapon.

"It's called the Demon Mark. The high ranks in the Demon Clan are granted this from our royal family. It's a container ability that can store nature energy that we can call to anytime without chanting. Each race  in thr Demon Clan has a different colour. As you can see, devils are black. To think our nation is so down and out now, its good that we're finally getting our shit together." He looked to see if I was in a lot of pain then gave a satisfied smile. Damn he talks a lot. Is this normal for the Demon Clan or is it just him?