Chapter 33: My Annoying Familiar

[Guild House - Near Falla Mountains]

[Hakio]

"Ahh..."

I threw myself on the bed while letting out a long sigh. I was so tired it felt almost as if my body would be absorbed into the sheets. This was really comfortable, like extremely comfortable, but before I could fall asleep -

"You shouldn't sleep, Haki!"

"Uggh-"

- Suzu jumped on my stomach.

My body immediately woke up as my eyes shot open from the pain coming from my stomach. Suzu happily jumped off of me again and stood in front of me.

"Why would you do that??" I cried as tears started forming at the corners of my eyes.

"You shouldn't be sleeping, Master. You are suppose to be celebrating with your friends after receiving such an accomplishment. Not that I have doubted your ability to win for that matter." She said and then cupped my cheeks as I sat up straight.

"I'm tiiired~" I yawned to emphasize how I felt.

Today is the last day of the Initiation Festival and we have been ordered to take a break from training and rest as best we can. We were finally guild members and finally gave up the orange bandanna for a new green one. The Chief gave another speech on excellence and then left. He also told us a few changes would be happening in the village that we would be looking forward to.

I had decided that I would sleep after meeting Alzadon... Me? Like, he's an older version of me from the past who also happens to be the one to have turned the world on its axis.  The idea of this is just giving me another headache.

"You're suppose to celebrate, Master." She said with a sad expression on her face. Her hands were still firmly on my cheeks so she must have felt them flare up. She was really pretty.

"Master, you pervert." She said and backed away while angrily pouting.

"I'M NOT A PERVERT!!" I yelled. What gave her that idea? That line of thought wasn't even close to what I was thinking.

"Ahh..." I let a sigh escape my mouth again. I was really tired. How can Tay-ki and Mika still want to celebrate after last night?

"Master?" Suzu looked at me confused as I suddenly start thinking about everything again.

"Suzu, can we talk about a few things?"

"Whatever pleases you, Master. Although I would recommend you having fun with everyone else instead of talking to me."

"Why would you say that?"

"Because of our contract and the large amount of magical energy I received from Master I can somewhat tell how Master is feeling and Master's state of mind."

That explains why I am tired right now, but -

"What's wrong with how I feel and my state  of mind?"

"Master  has only recently become an adult so Master has not fully grown physically and emotionally. Master is putting too much of a mental strain on himself. This is not healthy."

She was right.

I had just became an adult a little over a month ago but the amount of strain I'm going through mentally is causing me to blackout and have my emotions take over.

First Echelon works because of two reasons. Firstly, my ability to use all the different elements and secondly, my emotions, especially my negative emotions.
Is I suddenly get emotional the power could take over so I need to keep my emotions in check.

"What do you suggest I do?" I ask her. I really couldn't think of anything.

"The answer is really simple, Master." She said, smiling.

"What are y-" Before I could ask, Suzu put a finger on my lip to tell me to keep quiet.

She then whispered in my ear. "Just trust me..."

Huh?

Before I could even react a pair of lips were connected to mine and my mind went blank.

Was I being kissed?

That's right.

I was being kissed by Suzu.

After a few moments she let go of me with a giggle. She had an embarrassed look on her face started acting bashful. My heart was racing and pounding so hard I thought it was going to jump out of my chest. I wanted to say something but she put her finger on my lip again and indicated with her eyes to the door. Immediately after I turned to look my eyes widen in surprise.

Bam!

Eryville had just kicked the door open.

"E-Eryville?!" I couldn't contain my surprise when I see her

She had cut her hair.

It was still in its brownish-black colour but now it was only shoulder length. Her bangs had also been made shorter so her big round eyes could be seen better. She looked extremely cute.

But that wasn't the problem.

"W-What are you d-doing?!" She yelled while her fists were balled.

She was pissed.

My heart was beating fast again, but this felt like it was for a different reason.

Eryville walked towards me and grabbed me by my shirt. Where did all her strength come from?! She was lifting me off the bed and held me in the air.

"Explain yourself." Her eyes had tears in the corners and her nose up to her ears were red. It looked really cute and I felt really bad.

"I-I can explain." I said it because the situation because the situation calls for it but now that  I think about it, how exactly am I going to explain it. My familiar that's a cute kitsune girl just decided to kiss me as a way for me to feel better? That won't fly.

"Master confessed his feelings to me..." Suzu said one of the worst lies to come up with right now.

"No, no, no, no, no! That's a big fat lie! Eryville, don't believe Suzu -"

"Uwaaa... Uwaaa! Master lied to meeee!!" Suzu suddenly fake cried and ran to corner of the room in an exaggerated manner. Eryville looked in disbelief and then her expression turned ever colder as she turned back to me.

Bam!

My vision suddenly went white as her fist connected with my nose and flew against the wall.

I'm really going to get Suzu for this.

To Be Continued...