Chapter 24: Recovery

[Guild House - Falla Mountains]

[Hakio]

I woke up the moment light reached my eyes. It was a slow experience but it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. As soon as I was able to see I took a good look around the room. It was the my room in the guild house. I sat straight up and a stinging pain struck my body causing me to groan in pain.

"You're still suppose to take it slow, you haven't completely healed yet." Spoke a voice. It was Melancholy.

She sat in a formal manner and had a neutral expression on her face next to the bed. Next to her was Mikasa who head at the feet of the bed, sound asleep. She had a small pur as she slept with her crimson hair spreading out across the bed. As annoying as she was awake, she was the calmest person asleep. It looked like Tay-ki wasn't here but it seems like Melancholy is here for something important.

"How long was I out?" I ask.

"A full day. We helped with the healing but most of it was done on your own." She replied indifferently.

"I thought Alstif would - "

"Alstif went to report what happened. He'll probably be back late evening or in the night."

"Why are you so serious?" I ask. Feeling awkward for being interrupted and gave a sulking look.

She blinked then gave a confused look. "Don't you remember what you did?"

"I have pieces of what happened here and there." I say while scratching the back of my head.

"Explain then what you do remember."

"Okay, then," I said and then start explaining everything to her. Breaking the barrier and chasing after the devil after seeing it. The fight we had with Asmodeus. I left out the part of meeting Lazarath. Then I fought again with a newfound power but suddenly blacked out.

"Then I woke up here... " I finished and the gave off an embarrassed laugh for not remembering how I finished the fight. Melancholy listened quietly and had her eyes on me the whole time. She nodded when I finished and then looked into my eyes. Like she was studying me.

"You're still hiding something." She said flatly and my body stiffened for a second before I relaxed again. It was only for a moment but she must've seen because she gave a satisfied smirk. "Care to explain."

I look away from and start paying attention to my sister who had been asleep. How long has she been there? I can't be sure but it hurts just thinking about it. I want to tell her about it but something tells me it isn't the right time to explain what I don't really understand. There are three definite things I received from Lazarath.

1. The Demon Clan are attacking us in about six weeks.
2. The new ability I have is called First Echelon.
3. My birthplace is in Falla Mountains and there is something I'm suppose to receive from my birthplace.

I have it clear in my head but I don't know how to go about it. One thing I'm certain about is that I have to figure this out. Why am I the only human with the ability to use magic in a Lycra village? I will find out. I look back at Malancholy and decide to answer.

"I... I can't say." That's about all I could muster to say to her and then looked back at my hands.

"Tch." That was all Melancholy said and then let out a heavy sigh. She wasn't going to press me about it. She still looked like she had more to say though.

"That new found power you have must not be used."

"W-why?"

"It's after effects are severe. At the moment you won't be able to use magic for the next three days. It also watched what happened while you were fighting. You're sense of self was becoming lost and you almost  - "