Family...

.......

(3rd Person POV)

As he entered the room for the last time, Odasaku made sure to remember ever single thing in this room...

Remember the kids voices and laughter....

Pops when he would come up and check on them when Odasaku visited...

"Good night Sousuke..."

"Hahaha! Odasaku stop it-Ahahaha!"

"Good night Katsumi..."

"Heheh, you're too slow Odasaku!"

"Good night Yu...."

"Hey Odasaku! Check this out!"

"Good night Shinji..."

"Hehehe I hope you get to stay again today Odasaku!"

"Good night Sakura....."

"Yay! Odasaku-kun!!"

"I'm heading off....sleep well...." Odasaku then turned to his right. He noticed it the moment he walked in but paid no attention to it till now. A map...with a knife in it...as if telling him 'come here'. 

He of course was going there no matter what. He glanced around the room one last time, enjoying all the beautiful memories he had here....and that's when he noticed something sticking out of the corner of a box on top of a table.

He walked over to it and grabbed it and was surprised to see that it was a photograph....

The kids all wore fancy clothes...pretending that they were in the mafia. They all smiled up at the person taking the picture who Odasaku assumed was him. But when he glanced to the left he saw Dazai smiling too, with a water gun in his hand.

The memories of that day now stared replaying in his minds...it was one of those days that you just couldn't forget at all....

But what made him love the photo even more was....

Odasaku placed the photo in his pocket as he walked towards the door. He gave the room one last glance until he closed the door permanently. Locking any memories he had left in there...

As he made his way down he was met face to face with Dazai. 

"Odasaku...please don't do what I think you're gonna do."

"Stop Dazai...nothing you say can stop me now." It had started to rain, and fire fighters had shown up to handle the flames. The commotion had also drawn a crowd of people as well.

"(Y/N) got a call before you came down....I think they found Ango." However this news meant nothing to Odasaku. All he did was stare at Dazai with emotionless eyes.

".......I see." Was all he said. Dazai bit his lip and clenched his fist, he needed something...anything to stop his friend from doing what he was about to do.

"Odasaku....remember that night when I asked about your dream?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Having a purpose...wasn't my only dream.."

"......then what's your other dream?" He asked.

Dazai took a deep breath before looking at Odasaku, "To have a family."

"........"

"Ever since I joined the mafia....I've always been alone." Tears started welling up in Dazai's eyes. 

"But then I met you and Ango....the kids....Hatrack and Akutagawa... (Y/N)...people that I could care about...people I could rely on...people I considered my family..."