A Certain Back Story...

-(3 Days Later)-

(3rd Person POV)

As the day started to get warmer, the sun rising higher in the sky, Dazai made his way towards the building he's been to so many times he lost count. He opened the door and was greeted with the smell of curry..

"Ah, Dazai.." He glanced to see his friend, Odasaku, with a plate of curry in front of him and a book in hand.

"Hey Odasaku-kun, um can I get a water please?" Dazai asked the waiter, who started to immediately get the water he asked for. 

"What're you doing here?" 

"Just thought I should visit you." Dazai replied, grabbing his water and taking a sip from it. "How're the kids doing?"

"Good, they're taking a nap right now."

"Ah..."

"Oh yeah, Odasaku a girl came by and gave me this." The waiter handed Odasaku an envelope.

"That woman I swear..." Odasaku sighed, as he grabbed the envelope and placed it on the table.

"What's that?"

"Hm, oh...a friend of mines gives me money to help pay for the kids. You saw her the other day, (Y/N)." Dazai's eyes widened as Odasaku said her name.

"Oh that's right.." 

"Mhm, I keep telling her to stop and that I can do it on my own. But she refuses to listen."

Dazai lightly shook his water, watching the water droplets fall from its sides. "Hey Odasaku....how exactly did you meet (Y/N)?" 

"Um..." Odasaku placed his book down and looked up at the ceiling. "I had a job to do a few years ago, and I screwed it up. I would've got killed by enemy fighters if she hadn't showed up to save me. Ever since then she and I have been chatting and meeting with one another coincidentally."

"Eh.."

"Then when she learned about me taking care of the kids, she immediately pinched in to help...she's so kind and such an amazing person...yet...the things she's been through have been nothing but pain..." For some reason, this caught Dazai's attention. Odasaku could feel his stares and sighed.

"From what she told me....when she was smaller she lived with her parents in the country. She enjoyed her life there...and wanted to become a doctor when she got older.."

Odasaku clenched his fist, as he remembered (Y/N)'s expression when she told him this.

"Then on her 16th birthday...for some reason her house had started to burn. She was able to escape unscathed...but her parents had burned to death in the house..." 

Dazai imagined (Y/N), young and cold...staring at the place she loved with all her heart burn to ashes. Her memories gone in the smoke of flames..

"Then with nothing better to do, she decided to join the police force. In hopes she could find what had caused the fire all those years ago."

"I see..." Dazai placed his water down, and placed his head on his palm.

"I hear you live with her now." Dazai turned his head towards Odasaku, his eyebrows raised.

"Did she tell you?"

"Mhm, she came to see me a few days ago to eat here. Told me all about the situation and to not say anything, which of course I won't." Odasaku smiled.

"Ha..now two people know what's going on.."

"Two?"

"Mhm, my dumbass partner Chuuya found out a few days ago. Damn brat gets spoiled by (Y/N) all the damn time."

"Oh, how so?" Odasaku asked, surprised by Dazai's weird expression. 

"Always cooking him food, washing his clothes, buying him things..." Dazai pouted his lips, and glared at the spoon in front of him.

"Well....I'm sure she does things for you too."

"Hmph, yea yea.."

"Well...do you really have to go? Could you....stay?"

Dazai covered his mouth with his hand, hiding the smile behind it. Just her being with him, was already good enough..

Odasaku chuckled which caught Dazai's attention, "You know Dazai, sometimes you act like a little kid." He smiled. 

"H-Huh!?! No I do not! Take that back!" Dazai growled, Odasaku smirked at him as the waiter placed a plate of curry in front of Dazai.

"Might as well have some since your here!" He grinned. Dazai looked down at the curry, the spices could be smelt from a mile away. He started to question if he should eat it...

"O-Okay.." Dazai grabbed the spoon in front of him and scooped up some curry. Then he slowly put it into his mouth....

"Pft-" Odasaku covered his mouth with his fist as he glanced at Dazai's expression. Dazai's eyes instantly began to water, beads of sweat falling down from his forehead.

"Um...could I get more water please..."

(END OF CHAPTER)

(I actually like curry, spicier the better😂✋also this is a new chap! I hope you enjoyed it, and thank you again for reading!! Have a good rest of your day/evening!! Bye bye!)