Unwilling Encounter...

-(1 Week Later)-

( (Y/N)'s POV )

If only I was stronger...

If only I could've reached them in time...

"RUN (Y/N)!!" 

The sounds of their screams haunting my every dream...

The sight of their burnt bodies, burned in the back of my eyelids...

My parents, the only ones that were my true family, died in front of my eyes...burned to death as our house fell to the ground. Me being a young 16 year old, had no choice but to live on my own and do everything on my own...

But if only I saved them...if only I grabbed them faster...then maybe...just maybe they would've been here by my side...smiling at me..

"(Y/N)?? You good?"

"Hmm? Yeah I'm okay." 

"Jeez, stop spacing out dummy. We need to find this evidence to bring that damn criminal down." My friend Yuki said, throwing a pile of papers away.

"Yes ma'am." 

Today was like any normal day at the police station, me and my friend Yuki, would search for evidence and give it to the higher ups so they can examine it. But sometimes we would get to go and investigate on our own too.

For some reason though I couldn't remember a single thing that happened to me a week ago on my night shift. I mean I knew I went to my night shift...but that's all I knew. Yuki assumed I went drinking and somehow made it home safely, which I highly doubt, but that's what I decided to go with for now..

"Hurry (Y/N), we gotta go get something!" Yuki cried, as I stood up to follow her.

"Understood!" 

-(In An Abandon Storage House)-

(3rd Person's POV)

"P-PLEASE SPARE ME, I DONT KNOW WHO YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" The man cried, his body covered in blood and sweat.

"Hmm~" Osamu Dazai knelt down and grabbed the man by the scruff. His eyes bruised and pouring with tears.

"From what I can tell, your lying...poor thing...I bet you got paid a lot by these people hm? Getting drunk and high on drugs all night..." he grabbed his arm and twisted it, a loud crack could be heard as it turned in the opposite direction it was supposed to be.

"AHHHUUGGHHHHHH!"

"Last and only chance, who do you work for?" 

"D-DORAO, THEIR NAME IS DORAO!" Dazai grinned and threw the man back towards the wall.

"Good, thank you~" he walked away before stopping at the entrance, "Oh, and for trying to steal from us..." Dazai grabbed his gun and shot him, the man's shocked expression stuck on his face as he fell to the ground. Blood oozing out of his wound. 

"Clean it up, and go back to base." Dazai's men nodded and immediately started to go to work. Dazai walked away and out of the area as he wiped he blood off his fingers.

"Uhhhg, I guess I found you." Dazai turned and his face instantly scrunched in disgust. 

"Well well, the hatrack shows himself." Dazai said.

"Shut up, you suicidal moron." 

Chuuya Nakahara, a skill user who worked for the mafia and also Dazai's partner. Although they do incredible work together, but they never get along. Making their enemy's wonder if they're supposed to be working together or not.

"What do you want, I was enjoying the breeze until I saw you." 

"Tch, I didn't wanna find you...but the boss told me to."

"Aanndd why did he ask you to find me?" Dazai yawned.

"A mission, he wants us to find a certain person who's the boss of a group who's been bugging us." 

"Ughhh, I just found a clue on another enemy boss now he wants me to do moree....Chuuya you should do it on your own."

"Go to hell."

"Ayeee, well do we know anything about this person at all?"

"Just that they have a grudge against us and have been doing raids on our turf for the past month." 

"Hmmm, I wonder..." 

But before Dazai could finish his thoughts the sound of a car coming made him and Chuuya look up. Dazai grabbed Chuuya and they hid behind a bunch of nearby cargo boxes.

"Who is it.."

"I can't see yet.." Chuuya glanced but couldn't see the people inside. When the driver and front passenger seat opened Chuuya hid back by Dazai.

"Damn it, so hoot!" Chuuya and Dazai were shocked to hear the voice of a woman. They both stood out a little to see one woman with a police outfit on. She had brown hair tied in a ponytail, light brown eyes, and had freckles on her face.

"It is...isn't it.." to Dazai's shock, the other woman was no other than...

 "(Y/N), come look at this!" (Y/N) walked over to her partner and looked at what she was pointing at.

"Is that....blood Yuki?" 

"Possibly..don't know what someone all the way down here would need ketchup for.." 

"You look over there-," but before she could finish, a gunshot could be heard. All four of them looked to see one of Dazai's men pointing his gun at them.

"Shit!" But before Yuki could move, the man shot another bullet making her freeze on the spot.

"What are two ladies like you two doing here?" The man asked, walking towards them. He glanced at (Y/N) and grinned, as he grabbed her hand pulling her towards him.

"E-Eh?!"

"BASTARD LET HER-," 

But then three more gunshots could be heard from behind the man, his grip on (Y/N) then weakened as he fell back on the ground.

"What in the-," Yuki tried to look around for who did that but she couldn't see anyone. (Y/N) on the other hand could've sworn she saw a red haired person and a dark haired person run swiftly into the woods...

-(5 Minutes Later)-

(Dazai's POV)

"YOU DAMN IDIOT!" Chuuya yelled, trying to punch me but I kept dodging. We made it to a safer area so that we wouldn't have gotten spotted by (Y/N) and her friend.

I don't know why...but when I saw that man touch (Y/N), and put a look of fear on her face...

It made me...

"WHY THE HELL YOU SAVING COPS?!" Chuuya growled.

"Shut up, I'm trying to think." 

"You bitch..."

But he's right...why did I save her...why did I shoot and kill my own man to save her...

"Thank you...for saving me..."

Why...

Are you still here...

In the corners of my mind...

Your smile....voice....eyes...no matter how hard I try..

They continue to haunt me...

-(END OF CHAPTER)-

(This is a new chap, meaning it wasn't in the original. I plan to make more of these too so keep an eye out for them!  But thanks for reading and I hope you have an amazing rest of your day/evening!! Bye byee!!) 

(P.S: DAZAI FANART IS SO HOT I SWEAR😭✋❤)