Mistakes...

-(The Next Day)-

(3rd Person POV)

Dazai continued walking down the steps, the sound of punches and yells getting louder as he approached his destination. As he entered the room one of the hostages that he captured was on the ground, blood caked on his face and shirt as he looked up at Dazai.

"Sir! He tried making some moves so I taught him a lesson." One of Dazai's grunts said, bowing as Dazai came closer.

"I see...you may leave now."

The grunt looked shocked as Dazai said that, "B-but sir I-,"

"I'm sorry did I stutter?" Dazai turned towards the grunt, a shiver went down his spine as Dazai merely glanced at him. "You may leave now." He repeated.

"S-Sorry..understood." the grunt bowed one last time before swiftly walking out the way Dazai came in. When his footsteps could no longer be heard Dazai looked down at the man in front of him, who for some reason started to laugh.

"Bastard what're you gonna do to me? Your grunts punches were nothing to me." He spat.

"Hmm...so normal torture is not enough for you then sir.." Dazai knelt down and grabbed the man by the collar. He stared into his eyes, making the man tremble slightly. 

"You must've had a reason for trying to steal from the Port Mafia of all places. If you just tell me who you work for and why you did it I might just-,"

"YOU DOG!" The man yelled, as he spat blood in Dazai's face. Dazai however didn't show any emotion of shock, anger, or disgust what so ever and wiped the blood off his face.

"How rude I didn't even get to finish-,"

"YOU'RE A MURDER! KILLING IS JUST APART OF YOUR DAMN TWISTED NATURE!" 

"Ah...So you have a grudge with me then?"

"YOUR HANDS HOLD THE BLOOD OF HALF OF MY COMRADES! THAT NIGHT YOU SLEW THEM ALL LIKE THEY WERE MERE INSECTS!"

"Hmph, oh really? Well I'm sorry for that, I don't even remember half of the people I kill so-,"

"MONSTER! DEVIL! YOU DESERVE NOTHING IN THIS TWISTED LIFE YOU'RE LIVING! I HOPE YOUR SOUL ROT IN HELL!"

"....." The man grinned as Dazai hid his face.

"MONSTERS LIKE YOU ONLY DESERVE ONE THING-AND IT'S DEATH! NO ONE WILL CARE IF YOU DIED ON THE STREET SOMEWHERE-NO ONE WILL EVER LOVE YOU-YOU MONSTER!"

".......Hm? Oh I'm sorry I was just thinking about what I was going to have for dinner a few moment ago. Did you say something?" Dazai smiled. The man's expression instantly turned to one of pure rage, he tried to punch Dazai but instead felt something touching his side.

"Don't take this too hard...but I hardly see you worth keeping alive..." the man's eyes widened at the sight of Dazai's frozen smile. The clicking sound of a guns trigger could be heard as blood spurted out from the man's side. The last thing he saw was Dazai's emotionless smile before he closed his eyes...forever. Dazai lowered his gun, now glaring at the corpse in front of him.

He threw the gun on the ground and made his way back the way he came. Those words the man has said..he's always heard them...

His whole life has heard those words over and over again...

"Don't tell me things...I already know.." But as he reached the last step a certain memory resurfaced without warning in his mind.

(Y/N)'s quiet breathing, her peaceful sleeping face, and her soft voice as she said...