Worthy of an Angel...

-(1 Week Later)-

(3rd Person POV)

Dazai held the little doll in his hand, smiling as he examined it for the tenth time. The tiny version of himself smiling up at him as he twirled it in his hand.

"God damn how long are you gonna look at that damn thing." Chuuya mumbled next to him, earning a glare from Dazai.

"Oh shut up. Watch when you get one for your birthday, you'll be staring at it every day." 

"Pft, yeah whatever..." Dazai was about to say something else until his phone had started to ring. He grabbed it from his pocket and glanced at the message he received. After reading it he groaned annoyingly as he put it back into his pocket.

"What's up?"

"Mori-san is actually putting me on shopping duty." He grumbled, glancing at the doll one last time before putting it in his shirt pocket. 

"Shopping?"

"For Elise," he started walking towards the streets, "see ya around then." He said, waving to Chuuya as he walked away..

-(TIME SKIP)-

Dazai stopped as he stood in front of the entrance. He checked his phone twice before walking straight towards the amusement park ahead of him.
Apparently this was the place that Elise-chan's favorite cookie cream was at, and that was the thing he was asked to buy. Walking into the park, he moved out of the way as a couple of children ran past him laughing.

"I got you!"

"Not even close dummy!" 

Dazai watched them run away before continuing again. As he looked around, he noticed all the smiling and happy faces of children with their parents. The sounds of laughter echoing all around him...

"Noisy..." he grumbled, as he continued looking for the stand that sold the cookie cream. 

But then something caught his eye....

A little boy was crying near the back of an alley near some rides. He was clutching his stuffed teddy bear tightly as he wiped the tears from his eyes with his other hand.

"M-Mommy!" He cried. But Dazai felt nothing as he looked at the child. He rather wondered why the child wasn't trying to do something besides crying.

"Sotaru!" Dazai glanced to his right and saw a woman running towards the boy. She wrapped her arms around him, as he cried in her arms now. Dropping his stuffed animal as he did so.

"Oh my baby...mommy is sorry..." She whispered as the boy, Satoru, buried his face into his mothers chest.

"M-Mommy!" 

"Dazai...."

Dazai shook his head as he noticed the mother and son were already gone. He sighed and made his way to the stands again, continuing his search. 

"Dazai...I'm sorry..."

Dazai stopped, the voice sending a chill down his spine for some reason...he hasn't heard that voice in so long...

"Goddamn it, I must've drank too much last night."  He grumbled, as he started walking again. He moved through the crowds around him, not even caring if he hit someone along the way. The longer he stayed here the more he wanted to leave..

A voice was now singing in his head...

"As the sun begins to fall..."

He now started running....