"You Are Mine...", Part II.

Start from the beginning

She seemed so broken, so scared, more fragile than ever before. Her big, expressing eyes were red and wet. She was bearably standing on her feet, she was shaking and her skin except from the crock of her neck where Devon had sucked her was too pale.

I froze when my eyes met hers. She had a blank expression on her face until she saw the blood on me and tears fell from her eyes. She was so broken, so hurt those seconds...

I felt her ready to collapse on the ground and I lost every sense I had. Fortunately Gideon and Aiden were there to hold her and prevent her from falling and that is the point where I couldn't do anything else than storm inside the palace not being able to keep on watching her in that condition.

Believe it or not I still don't know if she was worried about me or if she was still hurt from what I did back then.

I know I am an idiot but... I have lost my mind, I know nothing.

"Wake up!" Landon shouts again dragging me away from my thoughts and I snap my head up breathless.

"I am ashamed, I can't face her." I whisper defeated and he narrows his eyes confused.

"Come again!"

"I wasn't able to keep Devon under control. He did something she didn't want to and I feel awful and guilty." I murmur apologetically.

"And what if Devon did something that eventually helped Diana decide and see things clearly?" he asks me after a small pause.

"Excuse me?" I say surprised.

"She is instinctually asking for you Daniel. Not being close to you costs her a lot! She gets better physically but not psychologically! You have nothing to feel guilty about! Even Gideon thinks that the whole incident happened for the best. After this she is recovering too fast, she is doing her best to eat like before, she is fighting and this is because of you. Why are you leaving her alone?" he asks softer than before.

"I thought that she doesn't want me..." I whisper sighing nervously.

"You are making her doubt you once more like this... I think that the more days pass the more she is getting mad at you again. You had been showing her interest and then you stopped too violently. You stepped back when she decided to make a step forward!" he says and sits next to me slowly.

"I don't know what to do anymore. Everything is different when it comes to Diana. I am scared till death and I can't make even the slightest move." I state and he taps my knee with a sympathetic smile.

"Brother, she is your mate. Nothing can be normal or calm when it comes to her and you! This is the first time you are in love Daniel and it is about time to follow your heart from now on. I know that it is difficult for you, you are not used to so many, strong feelings but you two deserve happiness. Destiny brought her again in your life and this time you are doing the right thing, you listen to your heart, you follow your fate. Stepping back is not helping you win her!"

"What if I hurt her again with my overpossessiveness and arrogance? I am not an easy man, you know me, I can be a coldhearted bastard when my ego gets hurt..."

"And you are too stubborn and idiot, you never listen to anyone and you are getting closed in yourself and deny seeing the obvious!" he interrupts me for the fourth, fifth time on the row?

"I am just disappointed. I have been acting like an idiot from the first time I met her. I am always making something to push her away with or without my will." I explain and he smirks ironically.

Remind me to punch him on the face and destroy this expression!

"You are pushing her away now so stop it. Start eating again with us, stop drinking, be more active, try to approach her and be warmer. You two need each other. She was willing all these days and you were nowhere to be found."