The Concert

Loki had officially been announced publicly as an Avenger soon after the Titan's defeat. They had all gone on a few missions together at this point and were so happy to be able to do so publicly. A few months after defeating the Thanos, it was time for the concert. Backstage, Loki was pacing nervously. He had never performed for that many people before. Tony noticed this as he was tuning his guitar. He put a hand on Loki's shoulder. "You'll be fine! You are an amazing singer." Loki smiled and the announcer called them onto the stage. They all got into their spots on the big stage. Clint started clapping his hands in an interesting beat. Then the guitar and piano started. Loki tapped his foot to the beat.

'This is for you, mother'

Then the chorus picked up and he started singing.

"If you love somebody,
Better tell them while they're here cause,
They just may run away from you.

You'll never know what went well
Then again it just depends on
How long of time is left for you

I've had the highest mountains,
I've had the deepest rivers,
You can have it all but life keeps movin'

Now take it in but don't look down

'Cause I'm on top of the world, 'ey
I'm on top of the world, 'ey
Waiting on this for a while now
Paying my dues to the dirt

I've been waiting to smile, 'ey
Been holding it in for a while, 'ey
Take it with me if I can
Been dreaming of this since a child

And I know it's hard when you're falling down
And it's a long way up when you hit the ground

Memories of the tortures of the sanctuary and the fall from the Bifrost clouded his mind.

Get up now, get up, get up now

But they were soon overtaken by memories of him and his friends. This was the happiest he had ever been.

And I know it's hard when you're falling down
And it's a long way up when you hit the ground
Get up now, get up, get up now

'Cause I'm on top of the world, 'ey
I'm on top of the world, 'ey
Waiting on this for a while now
Paying my dues to the dirt
I've been waiting to smile, 'ey
Been holding it in for a while, 'ey
Take it with me if I can
Been dreaming of this since a child
I'm on top of the world

The song ended and the applause was enormous. They all went backstage to celebrate. Loki remembered something and told them, "Wait here." He quickly jogged away and returned a minute later with a box. He opened it and inside lay seven of the golden apples, one for each of them. His friends stared at the box, flabbergasted.

"Are you serious?" Clint asked. Loki nodded and gave each one of them a precious golden fruit. As he was holding his fruit, Steve asked, "Wait, will this make us immortal?"

Loki and Thor both laughed at that. Loki explained," Well, not exactly... you can still get wounded, but it is harder to do so. But yes, otherwise you will become immortal. "

They all lifted their apples to their mouths.

Nat counted down, "3."

Tony said, "2."

Loki finished as he brought the apple to his lips.

"1."

And they all bit into the apples.

-------------------------------------------------------

Loki sat on his bed later that day and finally read through Frigga's letter.

"Dear Loki,
Your life has been full of hardships. Many more than a single person should endure. But you overcame them and I am so proud of you. I have watched over you from Asgard and have seen the progress you have made with the humans in that tower. Friendships will be bourne of this I'm sure.
I have never thought of you as a monster or a disgrace. I only see you as my beautiful son. If you are reading this, then I have passed on to the next world. Know that no matter where I am, I will watch over you.

You and your friends all have something special. 

Natasha has the spirit of a warrior, but also the kindness of a sibling.
Steve values life above all else and will do anything to defend it.
Bruce is a healer at heart as well as in body, he knows emotions like no one else.
Clint knows the benefits of Laughter and knows it is better to cry of mirth than agony.
Tony knows the value of Freedom because there was a time when he had none.
Thor is full of trust, but distributes it carefully, afraid of being hurt once more.

And I know who you really are. You may not realize it yet, but all of them represent an aspect of your own self. Life is about the legends and the stories you'll create. 

Your friends will help you through struggles as you will help them. They will comfort you and you will do the same to them. Why?

Because you need them to. Because at the end of the day, there will be seven friends, sitting and arguing in a huge tower...like they've always been there and always will be. The best and wisest people I have ever known to exist...

The Avengers

Fin