Trouble

The next month came and went with no trouble. The group grew even closer as friends, and the band practices made the group even happier. They were all having pizza for lunch one day and discussing what song they should practice with next when JARVIS told Tony, "Sir, Director Fury of Shield is at the front entrance."

"Not now JARVIS."

They then heard the elevator being used before JARVIS spoke again." Sir, I am afraid he has overwritten my protocols."

"Oh no."

Tony, now panicked, told Loki firmly, "Go to your room, now. It is not safe for you up here." He hadn't told Fury that Loki was staying at the tower yet, and the last time Fury came to the tower was immediately after the Battle of New York.

Loki understood and headed towards the stairs, but it was too late. The elevator dinged and it slid open to reveal Nick Fury and his assistant, Maria Hill. Fury spoke to Tony as he walked out of the elevator, "Stark, there's a situation at Shield. The world council wanted me to tell you..." His voice trailed off as a certain God of Mischief caught his attention."LOKI!!" he yelled.

Maria sprang into action, catching Loki off guard as she punched him from behind, making his knees buckle and she forced him to the hard ground, putting him in handcuffs behind his back. Steve yelled, "STOP!" Everyone in the room froze. The only sound in the room was Loki's groans and heavy breathing. Loki had a cut on his cheek and above his eye. Clint got up to go over the Loki to help him, but Fury pointed a gun at Clint, almost daring him to help the trickster.

Fury said, "Stark, you are going to tell me why the hell the guy who tried to take over New York is back on earth, IN YOUR TOWER."

Thor explained his father's sentence for Loki to Fury. "Okay, but that still doesn't explain why he isn't in a cell a couple of floors below us right now!"

Tony knew this was coming. "About a month ago, we all found out we played instruments. We were heading down to the music room to test out if we could play a song together when we heard something coming from the prisoner level. We found out it was Loki singing. He was amazing," Loki smiled at Tony, "so we wanted him in our band." Tony paused before he said the next part. "We gave him most of his freedom in exchange for singing in our band."

Fury closed his eye and sighed. "You let him out...so he could SING...IN YOUR BAND!"

"Yup."

Fury looked like he was ready to murder every last one of them. Tony quickly stepped in and said," He hasn't caused any of us harm since he got some freedom. He's actually been pretty nice to us." He knew it wasn't entirely true, but the frost-giant thing didn't happen on purpose.

Fury hesitantly put his gun away and Maria got off Loki. The whole team ran over to help Loki. Nat helped him sit up, while Clint got the handcuffs off. He squeezed his shut in pain as he sat up. They got the handcuffs off and Steve and Thor helped him get to the couch, where they laid him down and Bruce and Tony started to tend to his wounds with a first-aid kit.

Fury stood there, shocked, watching this unfold in front of him. He said, "You guys look like you actually care about him."

"We do," Clint said.

"He manipulated you guys, and you forgive him?" Fury asked in disbelief.

Nat replied, "It's not like you haven't."

Fury stood there in silence for a while before telling Tony," The world security council wanted to let you know that they want an arc reactor for headquarters. They want in on the clean energy business."

Tony stood up and said, "After what you guys just did to Loki, how 'bout no."

Fury sighed before pointing at Loki and telling Tony, "If he does anything out-of-line... you'll be answering to me." He and Maria stalked towards the elevator and left the tower without another word.