"Jungkook?" Taehyung raised a brow, his attentive eyes looking around the living room in search of something in particular.

"Where's Hoseok?" he then said, his features tensing up.

"He.. Ah, I should have told you about it sooner he.. left" Jungkook spoke in a low voice, his gaze distant as if he was afraid he could have started sobbing in a matter of seconds. And Taehyung really didn't need to see that. He was bunnyboy, after all. Tae looked up to him, he saw him as a worldwide star, an icon, an idol. He couldn't show him how lame and pathetic he actually was... Tae didn't have to find out he was a self-harming, anxious mess!

"Really? I... I'm.. this is so sad. Why? Did you guys argue or..?" the blue-haired boy asked, just then noticing how Jungkook's eyebrow was twitching. Jungkook's feelings were at war with one another. His love for Taehyung, his hatred towards Yoongi, his feeling of loss for Hoseok, all the pressure of always having to keep a straight face and acting like everything is alright...

"Come on you can do this. Don't act like a p*ssy. You're strong. You can't let yourself go. He can't see you like that. You're strong. You're strong. You're-"

"So..?" the artist kept on saying "Jungoo.. oh" just then, as he was about to speak once more, Jungkook slightly lifted his head, revealing his glassy eyes and reddened nose. Slowly, a single tear streamed down his cheek. Soon, new tears filled his eyes, his dark irises glossed by little water crystals.

"Come here" Taehyung's heart was aching at the sight of Jungkook crying, so silently, not emitting a single sound apart from low heartbreaking sobs that reverberated in his lungs. The younger boy let Taehyung pull him into a hug, his body so weak and fragile at the touch, as if it could have broken if Tae only squeezed it a little tighter.

His breath was slow-paced and fresh like a spring breeze, brushing on Taehyung's nape and reassuring him the boy was still alive.

He was in his arms and there was nowhere to run, he was safe in his arms. Taehyung let a hand pat his soft hair, feeling his warmth and breathing in his intoxicating smell, reminding him of roses, musk and ocean air.

He couldn't look at him in the eyes but he knew he was beautiful, even when he was crying. Gosh, he was always so beautiful inside and out, Taehyung wanted to tell the whole world to make him realize it cause he was sure the guy didn't think that of himself. And that was honestly the saddest thing.

How could a creature so pure, so gentle, get hurt so much and by so many people?

Why couldn't he just be happy and let him heal him with his love, care and affection?

Why was he stubborn to the point he was willing to pretend everything was fine when in reality all he wanted to do was jump off a cliff?

Taehyung loved him. He loved him so much and that was the exact moment he realized it. When he was at his most vulnerable, when he probably felt so insignificant and didn't want to be seen like that... that's when Taehyung knew he loved him to bits, to pieces, with his whole body and soul.

He wanted to tell him, just there, just then... but he feared Jungkook's reaction, he feared getting rejected. He feared him going away from him. So he simply said :  "I want you to cry all the tears you've been hiding for all this time, alright? There's nobody else but us in the room.. this will be our little secret" Taehyung whispered in Jungkook's ear and just then he felt him moving his head to nod, still crying on his shoulder.

A few minutes passed of Taehyung silently listening to the other boy letting out all the sadness he had kept inside of him for so long, that before Jk finally backed off a bit from Tae and said "Thank you" his eyes were still red and wet with tears, but Taehyung could see how relieved he looked then, after being able to express all his repressed emotions.

"Say it. That's your moment to say it! Say you love him you stupid brat!"

Taehyung was so conflicted. He wanted to tell that guy what he meant for him, but maybe it was too soon, maybe it was a little too much. Maybe he wasn't ready.

"I.. I think you've got something in your hair" Tae eased the tension by pointing out there was a tiny feather resting in Jk's hair. The latter removed it and winced, expecting Tae to say something more serious.

"Is that a smile I see?" the older boy chimed, proud of himself for making Jk flash a spontaneous grin.

"You idiot" Jungkook pouted, hitting Tae on his shoulder.

There were still so many things they had to talk about. For instance : Hoseok leaving the house, defining their relationship, dealing with Yoongi's jealousy... but all that could wait. Cause all they wanted at that moment was getting lost in each other's eyes as they lain there cuddling on the couch, a melancholy song playing in the background..

~♬ You know that I can't
      Show you me
     Give you me
     I can't show you a ruined part of myself Once again I put a mask on and go to see you

  But I still want you ♬~