36 | setback

"Hi, it's me Jungkook. Wanna talk?" the younger boy's voice was a bit strained, signaling he was kind of upset.

"Oh, hi Jungkookie. I was just about to call you hehe. What's up?" Taehyung, who sounded pretty cheerful instead, didn't notice the cracking of Jk's voice.

"Actually I'm not in the best mood right now. I was just about to ask you if I could come over to your house and.. uhm talk for a bit. Is that ok?" the younger boy asked, fidgeting. He was nervous at the thought of having to tell Tae he wished to spend some time with him and hoped the latter didn't get the wrong idea. He only wanted to talk to him about Hoseok leaving and hopefully be comforted by that deep, mellow voice of his.

"Right now? Uhm.. you know I would let you in but I've got Jimin with me right now and I know you guys aren't exactly fond of one another so.." he could feel Tae's hesitation on the other end of the phone.

The guy sounded almost guilty as if he was doing something wrong by being around Jimin : to be quite honest, he actually was in Jungkook's mind. The latter really couldn't bear the thought of his lover being with that loudmouth the blonde head was. Jungkook wrinkled his nose.

"No, it's ok if you don't want me to come over. I understand. We can still see each other another day, it's really not a problem" he replied in a dry tone, suddenly feeling stupid for even thinking Taehyung had any interest in seeing him then.

"Are you sure? Cause I can tell Jimin to leave if it's something importan-" Tae tried to speak, but the other boy didn't let him.

"No nothing like that. Then I guess I'll see you later byee" Jk monotonically responded, clenching his jaw as he bit his lip in nervousness.

"By-" Tae's voice got cut off cause Jk violently hung up before emitting a long sigh.

"What's wrong, love?"' Jin inquired, seeing how tensed Jungkook looked.

"Nothing it's just... Jimin's acting like the usual b*tch he is and I aaargh can't stand it" he shoved his phone in his pockets, still munching on his lower lip.

"Whoa I've never seen you this angry ever since Yoongi left you" Joonie casually commented, just then realizing the impact his words had on Jk, who seemed to get even more frustrated.

There was a brief pause in which the only sound to be heard was Jungkook breathing loudly out of exasperation. Then, the eldest among them took the word.

"Kook, are you sure this Taehyung guy is the right one for you? At this point I don't know if he's doing you more harm than good" the handsome young man said wisely, tilting his head just slightly.

"Yes, hell yes I'm sure. He makes me feel happy in ways I can't even describe nor put in words. It's Jimin. Jimin is the problem. If it wasn't for him we would've happily been together by now" Jungkook then said, huffing.

"I say you simply wait a bit and see what happens.. it's not wise to jump to conclusions when you don't really know what's up. I'm sure at the end of the day... they're just friends. Plus I saw the way Taehyung looked at you during the party; he's head over heels for you, for sure" Seokjin commented at that point, a serene smile on his full lips.

"If you say so... Anyway now I better get back, I really don't want to catch a cold" the Instagram star muttered, blaming the weather for his sudden need to go home. Ttruth was, he was feeling bad, very bad and not because of some kind of sickness that comes from the body. No, it was something else. Nothing a cigarette and some time alone couldn't heal though.