33 | party crashers

Those three boys were all staring at him as if they were waiting for him to say something. But Tae was completely at a loss, not knowing who they were and what they were doing there even though one of them (the one who took the word first that is) sorta looked like Jungkook's roommate.

"H-Hoseok?" Taehyung unsurely asked, checking the guy from head to toe to make sure it was actually him. So if that was the case, that meant the other two guys were too Jungkook's acquaintances.

"Yeah, that's me. In flesh and bones. Now, where's Jungkookie?" he said, eyeing Jimin out of the corner of his eye, his gaze suddenly becoming darker.

"Park Jimin" Hoseok stated, recognizing the model's face. He used to follow him on Instagram back when Jungkook and him were still friends but after everything that happened with Yoongi, Hoseok knew he couldn't trust him.

"Yep. He's uhm my friend. Jungkookie is not here at the moment. He needed to take some fresh air, he's probably chilling outside. Were you looking for him?" Taehyung asked, unbeknown to the fact those boys were actually there to see him. But the boys did not respond; instead, they showed various reactions.

"He looks even more ethereal in person" Seokjin mumbled out loud, instead of keeping his thoughts to himself. He was referring to Taehyung, blinded by his out of the world beauty.

"No wonder Jungkook fell for him" this time he didn't word out those words, knowing it wasn't fair to reveal Jungkook's feelings. He approved his relationship with that artsy guy who seemed as good-hearted and pure as he was naive. In fact, Seokjin didn't like the fact he was friends with Jimin, recalling the latter stealing Jk's boyfriend.

"Uhm, did you say something?" Taehyung told Seokjin, who shook his head in response.

"Oh man. Our plan is ruined" at that point, Namjoon was the one to talk, running a hand through his thick silver hair and throwing his head back in exasperation.

"What plan?" Jimin mischievously approached the three boys, looking at them one by one, resting his gaze upon their confused faces.

"Why don't you guys come in for a drink? I'll see what can I do for you" Taehyung offered, inviting Jungkook's friends over. They all nodded in unison and went in, immediately welcomed by the warm smell of candles and sweet frosting exuding from the kitchen.

"CAKE!" Seokjin pointed at the treat laying on the table, his mouth watering.

"Is it possible that all you think about is eating?" Namjoon told him, nudging Jin as a way to scold him. Taehyung laughed at the sight of the bickering duo.

"Well, you never complain when I eat you so-" Seokjin retorted in a silky voice, making Joon slightly blush. At least that remark of his served to shut him up and so he could finally enjoy a bite of that delicious strawberry cake. Now, since Hoseok seemed very upset and couldn't stop huffing, Taehyung felt the urge to ask him what was going on, also because he just then noticed the boys were all carrying very heavy bags which by the looks of them, seemed to contain packages of some sort.

"Can you guys tell me what's going on or-" Tae dared to ask, turning to Hoseok who seemed to be the only one willing to talk. Meanwhile, Jimin was quiet and attentive, listening to what he had to say. But right at that moment, Yeontan came out of nowhere, scaring all the guests with his sudden appearance.

"Sorry that- that's my dog, Yeontan. He seriously needs to stop doing that" Tae commented as he patted the dog's head. Hoseok's eyes lightened up as he saw him.

"HE'S SO CUTE! Aw, I have a dog too, his name's Mickey" Hoseok squealed, lowering himself to reach Yeontan's height and nuzzle him. Now, the funny thing was Hoseok was speaking so loudly that even Jungkook, who was outside the balcony of another room, could hear him.

He immediately recognized his tone of voice and realized his friends had finally come over to Tae's house as planned. In fact, as he checked his unread messages, he saw they had texted him saying they were arriving soon but he was so caught up by Jimin's facade that he had forgotten they existed for a second.

"Shit" Jungkook bit his lip as he thought about how he was gonna get away with not sticking to their plan. He had ruined everything. He was supposed to make that day special for Tae but all he did instead was making everything much more complicated. Not willing to get back inside anytime soon, he took a cigarette out of the pocket of his jeans and lit it up, breathing in its poisonous smoke.

"Maybe I should go check on Jungkook, see what he's up to. He's been out for too long" Taehyung abruptly said, causing the boys to worry as well.

"I agree, don't worry. We can wait here" Namjoon spoke, his dimples making him look even more adorable than he already was. Still wondering what was the deal with those guys, Taehyung decided to go look for Jungkook, not wanting him to isolate himself. He actually didn't know why he was acting like that and although a part of him told him it might have had something to do with Jimin's presence, he kept on lying to himself saying maybe it was something else.

"Jungkoo-" Taehyung's words were cut off instantly as he froze at the sight unraveling in front of his eyes. Jungkook was dangerously walking on the balcony rail, putting one foot in front of the other in such a gracious way like a deadly dance move that if incorrectly executed would have made him fall off the building.

And die a horrible death :).

A/N : happy B-day to my friend Kate 💜 if you're reading this I love you boo!!! Hope you have fun on this special day 🥳