16 | pecks & kisses

It was so fascinating staring at the younger boy who was so focused on taking just the perfect shot, that Taehyung remained still for a solid minute to observe him, his brown hair ruffling to the cold wind which shook the nearby trees, making their amaranth leaves fall and creating a breath-taking sight worth of some indie movie.

As minutes went by, Tae decided it was about time for him to make show of his presence. So he faked a cough, hoping Jungkook would have noticed him. But he didn't, being as concentrated as he was on his work. Taehyung tried again in vain, thinking maybe it was best to touch his shoulder to make him turn around. It was such a shame interrupting him but that was the only way.

"Jungkooksshi?" he called out his name, feeling already short of breath.

"Taehyung-ah?" Jungkook finally turned around, his starry eyes sending arrows to Tae's heart. How could he be so effortlessly beautiful Taehyung wondered as he contemplated his perfect features in awe.

"So you finally showed up, uh?" Jungkook quirked a brow, pouting. He was being a little brat.

"Look, I'm sorry. I had to go run some errands and-" Tae said but the younger boy took the floor, interrupting him.

"And you got lost somewhere I suppose?" he mockingly replied, still not quitting his bratty attitude.

"Ok fine, what do I have to do to make it up to you?" he asked, feeling very bad for what he did.

"How about a kiss?" Jungkook spoke, making Taehyung blush uncontrollably. He widened his eyes in shock, hoping he didn't hear him right.

"I'm joking you- ugh, let's just grab something to eat I'm starving" Jk added, putting his camera back into his bag and shaking tiny raindrops off his coat. He was wearing fashionable clothes as always and Taehyung bet they were all by designer brands. Despite their noticeable differences though, Tae felt as if the other boy really liked to be around him for some reason. Also... why did he joke about them kissing one another earlier? That's just not something two guys normally joke about. Unless...

"Where do you wanna go?" the mint haired boy asked. He was craving a hamburger but didn't openly share his thoughts. What if Jk was one of those "I only eat organic foods" type of influencer or, even worse, what if he was...

"I'm vegan. So we should definitely go to some restaurant that has vegan options as well" the social media star retorted.

Taehyung's felt sick to his stomach at the thought he was about to dig in some veggies for dinner. Yuck.

"Oh.. ok" he felt a bit annoyed cause he wasn't gonna bite into some meaty hamburger anytime soon.. but I mean that was just one of the things he was willing to do for Jungkook.

Some minutes later they found a decent place to eat. It looked nice and clean and the food didn't even taste that bad, except for the weird texture of the sauces Jk insisted Tae should try. But the highlight of the night was definitely the moment the talented photographer proudly showed him the shots he took that day, his toothy smile lighting up his face. He was so happy to finally express himself the way he wanted it made Taehyung's heart explode with joy.

"Again, I think you should post them on your social media" he stated, fixing his black glasses on his nose.

"Should I? I don't know. I don't feel ready for it. With all that has been going on in my life lately... I really need to take a break from everything" he sighed, looking distraught.

"I'm really sorry, Jungkook. I wish there was something I could do to help you" Tae bitterly smiled before gaping as Jk placed his hand on his without a warning.

"You're already doing so much for me, Tae. I don't know how I can ever repay you" Jk told him and for a moment Taehyung swore he saw his cheeks getting a bit red. But then the younger boy looked away and changed the subject, almost as if the tension between the two of them had gotten too strong.

"By the way, how's Jimin? Have you heard about him ever since.." he started saying, nervously biting on his lower lip.

"Nah. I have no intention of contacting him from now on. He can go f*ck himself for all I care" Taehyung placed a hand on his mouth as he realized he cursed out loud, making the other boy giggle.

"Yeah hahaha" he chuckled. "Ugh, I'm really in need of an Irish Bomb right now" he then whined, as he swallowed the last bite of the vegan burger he ordered.

"You drink?" Tae couldn't believe that innocent-looking boy liked alcohol.

"Why? You wouldn't expect that from me, right? Anyway yes. I used to go out to drink when dating Yoongi... ah, forget it. That brings back too many memories" he shook his head as if he wanted to get rid of whatever was passing through his brain.

"I think we better head out before it gets too dark outside" Tae then told him, placing his money on the table to pay the bill.

"You know I was joking when I said you had to pay for the both of us. Our meals were super expensive, I don't want you to-" Jk started saying but the other boy stopped him.

"It's fine. I can afford it" he retorted. Sure, he was still a broke college student, but that night was all about Jungkook and making him feel better, so he was gonna do whatever it took for that to happen.

"You know, I had a lot of fun tonight. For a moment, I even forgot about what happened" Jungkook shyly admitted as they were waiting in front of Taehyung' porch for Jk's friend Hoseok to pick him up. It was late and about time for them to go home, but they still found themselves talking till the very last minute.

"I'm happy at least you're still not mad at me hehe" Taehyung said, not minding the cold weather anymore now that he was feeling a sense of warmth stemming from the boy next to him.

"Well..you still owe me a kiss though" Jk unexpectedly replied, making Tae freeze on the spot.

A car honk broke the awkward silence: Hoseok had arrived and was waiting for his roommate in the car.

"Hey yo bunny boy! Hurry up! Tomorrow we're flying to Vegas don't you remember?" the boy in the car yelled at Jungkook who turned even paler as he heard his friend say those words.

"Shoot. I really have to go. I totally forgot about that. I'll miss you, Tae" Jk turned around to say goodbye to his mint haired friend, but instead of simply hugging him he gave him a little peck on the lips.

"I'll see you when I get back" he shouted as he came up to Hoseok and got in the car, waving at an utterly confused Taehyung who was internally screaming.