25 | the one in which there's the amends and the plan.

You could see the trail of the foothills, in the clear distance as they emerged from amongst the morning mist

You could see the trail of the foothills, in the clear distance as they emerged from amongst the morning mist. The wind was chilly in compare to my warm breath. Dewdrops dotted the railing of the wooden balcony facing the east. And the sun was beginning to fade the hue of dark blue into a bright one. The view from the villa was breath-taking.

But even this magnificent view could not bring back the energy in my bones. I had laid awake the entire night. Tossing and turning around the double bed. Pulling and throwing the comforter on and off me. My mind was suddenly wide awake. It was aware.

When one is aware, they notice everything. The acknowledgement of things hit you harder and clearer. For months I had thought of Saloni as the problem. But what really had been the case was that I was the problem and she was my solution.

I loved Saloni. I was now aware of these feelings. Of myself. And why I needed so badly to see her. To wish to fix the things with her.

But the girl I was in love with - which I had come to realise, only a couple of hours ago - could be the definition of a perfectionist. Everything she did, she did it in an order, a systematic method and in a planned manner. Nothing could go amiss under the eye of Saloni Neeves. Even if this whole getaway to the villa was anything but being planned. And even so, I found new perspectives about her, new quirks about her and so on, to fall in love with her all over again.

And then there were the habits and actions I had perceived before. The little things and then the large emotional outbursts and expressions. There was everything and yet more to love her for.

Yawing into the air as I stretched my hands up and arched my back, I walked back into the villa. I was the only one awake. I took this as an opportunity to do something good for Saloni and her friends - that is to mend things between us. Thankfully, the villa's fridge was stocked up with food and groceries, thus I commenced onto my task. Make a tasty breakfast. Especially for Saloni.

It took me not more than an hour to make some bread pakodas, chai and pudani ki chutney. The aroma of the food filled the space of the villa which had the sleepy heads crawling out of their rooms and standing before the food.

"breakfast?" I smiled at them as I plated everyone's servings. There was a chorus of yes and some grunts. My eyes looked up to meet Saloni's figure. She looked adorable in her pyjama shorts and a t-shirt. I quickly averted my eyes and bite onto the inside of my burning cheeks, and I was glad that I had in control when she walked over to my side to serve everyone tea. She served herself some too and took a gulp of the burning aromatic bitter-sweet liquid, releasing an 'ah' of relief. I smile looking at her and just then she looked at me and smiled back. There was a flutter of my heartbeat and then I looked down to the plate I was serving her.

I had made a heart besides her pakoda with the tomato ketchup, which made her grin.

"Is that a hint, Aahan?" she asked. She was close very close, and I was suddenly aware of how my heartbeat felt around her. "Maybe?" I teased back with a grin of my own, before walking away and towards the long couch were everyone sat eating.