07 | the one in which it's finally Friday night

Friday morning was a rainy day

Friday morning was a rainy day. It was harsh and ruthless outside. The only reason why I was awake and very much aware of the low thundering gasps of the clouds outside, was because I had barely been able to sleep last night.

It was half-past five am when I decided to leave the warmth of my bed. The chaos brewing within my head wouldn't be silenced much like the thundering rain outside. In these idle hours, the devil would creep faster then the light could, bearing you in its clutches and leaving you restless in its wake; I seemed to be suffering from such symptoms then. For, I was anything but calm.

Anxiously, I reached out to the notebook that I had been working on last night. I would flip over the pages, memorizing the key points of my contract and repeat them in my head. It was like giving an exam all over again.

When the clock struck six in the morning, with the first dull streaks of the dawn breaking into the room, I leapt onto my bed to reach out for my phone and call Henna. After the third ring, she picked up the phone, greeting me with an exhausted groan.

"This better be fucking good to call me this early in the morning."

"I'm freaking out!"

"And when do you not?" I could practically feel Henna rolling her sleepy eyes at me. And I couldn't blame her, for doing that. Freaking out before any big decision was some; It's a habit I had picked up since childhood. While most stripped me down for annoying, Henna helped me through it. "Is this about the project you're doing with Aahan? Because I told you not to do it."

"Too late, I am in the hotel room with just a damn wall separating us." I chewed onto my bottom lip, waiting for her to flip.

The first time I had told Henna and Vahni about Aahan's job proposal, they both couldn't have showcased their varying personality any better than I could have ever imagined. They held each other's gaze as they pondered upon what I told them in a debate.

'It's a recipe of disaster! You're just trying to get quick fame. Fame vanishes in time. Whatever happened to being low-key in your life? Are you overlooking the risk here? It's not an ideal job.'

'If not now, then, when exactly will she do things? When will she have a taste of the real world? When will she learn? It's an opportunity to learn!'

While they both had debated until the dinner plates turned ice-cold under the humid rainy weather, I had stayed silent turning my head left and right, more confused than ever before.

The problem with me was, that I never made up my mind about anything. I always walked with caution. Always made plans to do anything with two mindsets about any singular event of my life.

Even if I did decide on something I always left the room to run away, which showed that my dedication was lacking; as pointed out by many professionals on my every interview.