04 | the one in which they open up

The standard beauty vision of an average person will always consist of an illuminating and breath-taking figure

The standard beauty vision of an average person will always consist of an illuminating and breath-taking figure. That being said, the best way to describe a beautiful woman was based on various concepts. These concepts ― whether, thought from a western point of view or eastern, which in my case was authentic Indian ― always described a woman with dazzling silky hair, waving about in the wind, red luscious lips and black smoldering eyes, accompanied with a thick yet slim body. These concepts, never changed. Even with the change in clothes and jewellery.

The concepts didn't change and I couldn't withhold any of those standards at my current situation. If anything at all, I possessed the quite opposite of the average beautiful woman standards.

Indeed, I looked terrible.

I suddenly had come to realise how ridiculous my attire was. I was going to a club in a pair of light-blue faded jeans and a ridiculously old oversized black t-shirt, with the words 'Killing it' in all caps & bold letters, which I had tucked into my jeans. My jeans were supported to my waist by an old worn out belt and my hair was tied in a low, loose-tied ponytail.

Did Aahan even consider my attire before suggesting us to move into a club? I think not.

Either he was out of his mind for dragging me in these clothes in a club filled with people dressing up to look their utmost beautiful self or he was trying to make fun of me. Which would make sense, because him being so sweet was just so unusual? I was now very sceptical.

"You're doing that again." He said, pulling the car in a parking space. We had just arrived at Andheri near a club called Utsav which was owned by his friend.

"It's nothing," I said, shaking my head slightly. In an attempt to look better, I pulled my hair out of its hair tie and let it fall over my shoulders. I looked into the review mirror of the car to quickly catch a glimpse of my face. I had absolutely no makeup on and my frizzy locks of raven black hair fell in aggressive volumes down my back. It was just a mess. I was a mess.

"You look fine." He said from beside me. I turned to look at him, surprised at how easily he had guessed my thoughts once again. He stared into my eyes as a tiny smile played along the lines of his lips.

"I mean yeah, your hair is a nest and birds could be living in it but, half the people in there are drunk." He then shrugged at me, stepping out of his car leaving me dumbfounded.

This man... He definitely gets on my nerves.

Gritting my teeth together, I stepped out of the car, embracing the cool wind. My clothes were still a tiny bit drenched from the earlier rain shower, but I didn't care anymore. The past few days nothing had gone as planned. At this point, I was rolling with the punches.

I followed Aahan, pulling my hair back into a low ponytail, suddenly very cautious and aware of how it had looked when it was open. A nest, where birds could live in. I was already blushing in embarrassment.