16 | the one in which she dates Aahan Kapoor.

What makes life really a rollercoaster ride, is its unpredictability

What makes life really a rollercoaster ride, is its unpredictability. You could be walking down a single path of light and before you know it, the path has somehow turned in to a downward slope of a hill and nothing is stopping the speed of at which you're running. That's how I feel right now. I feel like I'm running down a hill and I'm going to stumble into something big. But if it's going to pleasant or not is yet for life to decide.

It was so unexpected that my date stood me up. How could he when he had a contract signed? I don't know. But it was embarrassing. And just when I thought it couldn't get worse, I see, Aahan Kapoor dressed up and walking straight towards me. Towards my table.

Like as if he is my date.

Which sounds ridiculous, because he's my boss. I'm just the host of his show. How can it be possible? How can he be my date? But then the audience doesn't know the date until I do. They don't know about me and Aahan. It's a fill-in opportunity.

That would explain, why the camera-men are still rolling the cameras from mere tables away. And he's walking straight towards me. Walking rather very confidently. There's a huge smile on his face as if he was the one I've been expecting. But the way his brows twitch every time says that's he worried. And I don't know why, but in the pit of my stomach, something is doing somersaults.

Is he worried for me? Or is he worried about the show?

When he shows up at my table, I stand up immediately. But before I can blurb anything at all he leans forward and places a light kiss against my cheek. My body freezes momentarily. A burning sensation runs underneath my skin. It takes all over my body like a wild fever. A good sickness. His lips linger on my cheek and I'm sure they are burning in shades of red underneath his pink skin. And then, he whispers into my ear, ever softly, "Just play along with me."

I blink, pulling away from him. He is wearing a smirking expression. That smile that he thinks is a smirk but- that's enough Saloni, you've always been saying that in your head! I shake away my subconscious mind and barely nod at him.

He takes both my hands in his and looks into my eyes. "Hi, Saloni Neeves. I'm Aahan Kapoor, your date for today."

And just like that, the earth beneath my feet give away.

***

When I was on a date with Reyansh, I had come to realise my feelings that I kept in denial for so long. Aahan Kapoor was the guy I was growing attracted to. Aahan Kapoor was the guy whose eyes I was searching in all of my dates but I couldn't find even the closest shade to them. Aahan Kapoor was the guy I was imagining whenever I kissed my dates. And It was definitely Aahan Kapoor who made me feel hot and yet cold at the same time.

And he's my date tonight.

Talk about a plot twist.

When I stumbled back into my seat, I quickly pretended that it was a smooth movement of me sliding back in my seat. And then I said, "Shall we commence with our brewing romance?"