23 | the one in which there's mud cake and apple pie

There aren't enough words to describe the emotion that surges through my veins into my heart and mind

There aren't enough words to describe the emotion that surges through my veins into my heart and mind. I feel an intense emotion of happiness coddle with my every nerve, lighting a firey feeling across my skin. Yes, just watching her face brings a roundabout of emotions in me.

When I first stepped into Mama's bakery, the fragrance of the chirping AC air and cool icing on the cakes had taken over my sense. It was a small bakery fit to feed only ten or so people at a time. Not many could find space here. However, the cakes came out of the kitchen and into the display every now and then. People walked in and out of the bakery often, purchasing every bit of their special treat. And there, in the back corner of the seated area was she.

Saloni Neves, the very woman who seems to be making me insane for months now. The problem of my life.

But was she really the problem of life? I was beginning to question what I was thinking. Because it could be, that I am wrong. For now, when our eyes meet and I watched her dark chocolate eyes widen with a gasp from her lips, I felt like she was the solution to all my problems.

Within seconds I had walked across the room and she was rising from her seat with trembling hands. What took over me then, I still have to figure out. But the moment I reached into her personal space I had captured her in my arms. A heave of breath released from my lips that I didn't know I was holding onto until now. Warmth flooded into my skin. My thundering heartbeat fell into the rhythm of the melody. I was feeling calm and happy for the first time in days.

No problem was supposed to feel this calming; so beautiful and heartwarming. Indeed, she wasn't the problem, I have come to realise. The problem was in me. The problem was that I longed for her.

A moment passed before I pulled back and genteelly cupped her face into the palms of my hands. Her dusk coloured skin flooded with a crimson blush onto her cheeks. Her pink lips parted to release a breath, I sucked in air. My eyes never left hers; chocolate eyes melting into my very own. Her hair gingerly fell in a thick wavy mess around the curve of her face. And her ears felt hot against my fingers.

I had longed to see this face for months. Just a glance wasn't enough to feed my hungry soul. I wanted to absorb everything in front of me.

"Why?" I let the word fall through my lips.

"Why, what?" She knitted her thick finely shaped eyebrows together, a frown expressed itself on her face.

"Why did you leave like that? Why have you been avoiding me?" My hands made it's way from her face to her arms and into melting against her fingers.

"I..." She started, her mouth opening and closing soundless before she said. "I had to do what was right."

"What do you mean by that?" I mirrored her frown now. What could she possibly be mean by that?

"You won't understand, Aahan." She shook her head.

"Make me." I firmly squeezed onto her hands. "Tell me why you left like that."