17 | the one in which she goes viral.

Saloni Neeves is the definition of a perfectionist

Saloni Neeves is the definition of a perfectionist. This is the exact phrase that has kept me moving for the last twenty-two years of my life. I shall do things perfectly. I shall do them in a well planned and systematic manner. This has been my mantra for years now.

My earliest memory of becoming such a woman is when I was eight and I had failed a math exam. My mother had said nothing then, nor had my Father. But the next time there was an exam, I had to hear taunt words of not just my parents but even of my relatives. "Will you make it?"; "Can you do it?" ; It was then. A moment in my life that drove me to make my first decision.

I shall plan everything to a point that it shall be executed perfectly. There shall be no mistakes henceforth.

And so I came to become a woman of no much experience. Whether it was in romance or the wildness of one's life. I had done everything in my power to bring the perfect grade and bring perfect grace as a daughter to my family. Yet, I had failed again when I couldn't score a perfect job, unlike my friends.

How could I let my parents know this? That I had failed again in life? I couldn't. And so I had built up a world of lies. I executed it very well. I made sure not even my sister was to know my defeat, to whom I usually would say everything. My friends however had found out the truth. To them, I couldn't lie when I couldn't even show a bank check on first payment salary parties.

Agreeing to this show, to this seven dates idea was the most reckless thing I've ever done in my entire life. Even after planning and making notes on my mobile phone, nothing has gone according to plan the last few hours of the weekend. No matter how many times I've chanted my mantras and spellbinding words, it has been chaos since Friday night.

From the kiss that Ashish left sensationally on my lips to the date who stood me up today. Nothing of it was planned and nothing of it I did according to a plan.

I made so many mistakes. I made so many failures. I worried that Aahan would fire me. I worried that the look of disappointed had been permanent in his eyes.

But then, why? Why is that Aahan Kapoor always come back to help me stand up? He will get mad. He will scold me. And he will act so rough and tough, but at the same time, he'll nudge me to move on ahead. He'll help me make amends.

Since the day I met him, I've seen the world in burning chaos of red.

I couldn't put a finger on it until now. For now, I'm sure why it was burning red.

I like Aahan Kapoor.

I like his smile. I like how he smirks. It's unique in his own ways. I like his moody and curly hair. I like his staunch eyebrows. I like his coffee roasted bean eyes. The one that makes more addicted to caffeine. I like his lips. How thin and curvy they can get when they open wide to laugh. I like his laugh. Something between a choking and booming noise. I like his stern principles. I like his crooked nose. I like him.