"Noah, I can't type up your project again cause I have got so much going on, and there's this whole fashion show thing, and it's just..."

I didn't care what she was talking about. I cut her off. "I'm in love with Sydney."

She dropped the bottle of water she was holding. "You have got to time your confessions correctly. Stop dropping bombs like these when I am holding a bottle of water!" she said, wiping her hand. There was barely any water in the bottle, so the floor didn't get messy. She ran over to where I was standing. "Are you being serious right now? You really do?"

"No, Scar! I just thought it would be fun to test my new incredible joke on you. Yes, I'm serious, you dumbass!" I yelled.

"When did you realize it?"

"Like two days ago, and I have been going crazy ever since I did. Every time I see her, I just wanna tell her that I love her," I said, grinning at her.

"Okay, we'll come back to that in a second. Can you tell me when was the moment that it clicked?"

I inhaled a deep breath. This was my favorite part. "Do you remember two days ago when Jordan asked you to move in with him?"

"One of the best moments of my life? Yes, I think I can recollect!" she said sarcastically.

"Okay, jackass, then why don't you keep recollecting? I'll go talk to Jordan," I asserted, knowing full well that my threat would work.

"Fine, fine, I got you. Can you please continue?"

I smiled triumphantly. "So when Jordan was making sandwiches for her, and you went to the kitchen, I was just sitting on the couch watching you guys," I said, and I swear I heard her mumble the word 'creep' to me, and I glared at her, and she kept her finger on her lips, signalling me that she'll shut up. "And you probably made some dumbass comment and Sydney and Jordan high-fived each other, and two seconds after, all the three of you started laughing like maniacs and strangely that's when it really hit me. How comfortable and familiar she's become not only in my but your life as well, it's crazy how influential she can be," I finished. That was the moment I truly realized even though I admitted it to myself a few minutes after.

"You're so right," she gave out a stifled laugh. "She's involved herself in our lives in such a way that we can't help but reach out to her for everything. I'm so happy that you finally realized, Noah, I really am! But are you sure that she's also in the same place as you are or that it's really early to tell her?"

"Look, this is my first time seriously dating someone, and I don't really know what time is early or what time is proper, but we've been dating for three months now and--"

"Exactly, you both have been dating for three months, and you still won't use any labels," she cut me off, arguing her point.

"So? How do labels matter? Is it necessary to have labels for the person you love? She doesn't need to be my girlfriend for me to love her," I said, ultimately meaning my words. "I think even if we weren't dating, I would've fallen for her. I don't love her because I am dating her, I love her because of the kind of person she is," I retaliated, finding it disappointing that someone like Scarlett brought up something as menial as labels.

"Noah, calm down. I didn't mean it that way, I was just saying that even though you've been with her for three months, you both still prevent the use of labels, don't you think telling her that you love her will scare her off if she isn't in the place that you are?" she said, maintaining a neutral tone.

"The fear that she might not reciprocate what I feel for her will always be there; I can't just not tell her worrying about the fact that she won't say it back. And if I keep waiting like this, there will always be an excuse for me to put it off, but I'm not a coward, I'm not scared, I'm gratified that I love her, Scarlett and I really want her to know that. I just need to find the right way to do it," I told her, and Scarlett looked like she was about to cry.