I Miss Home

Thank you to fateclawsMOStar598Silrien45jijifijijoellamariahPackWolfLegolas, and nathalieAlice for  their amazing votes and comments to the previous chapter. 

Thank you to nicolesoria12345sorilovilo1FAlMaz6, and madamk006 for adding this book to their reading lists! 

We have a tree up! It is the most perfect tree we have ever had, and the gold, silver, and red came together perfectly. Are you proud of your tree this year? 

Elladan put a handful of flowers down on the counter beside the ceramic vase Legolas was filling

Elladan put a handful of flowers down on the counter beside the ceramic vase Legolas was filling. "Elrohir and I went to the fields and picked the wildflowers there. There is not many this time of year."

Legolas glanced at the clusters of pastel blue and vibrant purple petals. "These are perfect. I know ada is sadder then he lets on about how little the ritual did and I am hoping these will cheer him up."

"Thranduil is terrible when he mopes around," Elladan agreed. He rubbed his arm as Legolas poked him.

A serving maid brought a pitcher of water to fill the vase and swept the scattered flower leaves and dead petals into her apron as Legolas exited the kitchens with the vase held tight in his hands.

"Nimrethil said this is ada's favorite vase," Legolas said hopefully, water trickling down his neck as he lurched forward.

"I rather think it was Ailunai's favorite vase," Elrohir said critically, eying the pattern on the ceramic. "And Thranduil liked it for her. It is awfully floral."

"Well," said Legolas, sticking his nose in the air. "I do not know about yours but my ada does not mind flowers."

Elrohir grinned and opened Thranduil's office door. The twins lingered in the door to watch the delivery.

"I brought you something, ada," Legolas announced.

Thranduil's pen scribbled with fury across the paper before him. "Thank you, Legolas. Clear a space and put it on my desk."

"Are you not even going to look at it?" Legolas asked, hurt.

Thranduil's pen stopped at the tone of his voice and the elf king looked up. "I am sorry, Legolas, when I am busy I—" His voice broke and the pen dropped to the desk.

"Ada?!"

Thranduil jumped to his feet and put a hand on Legolas's arm. "It is alright, Legolas, I am fine. The vase—I have not seen it in years."