I Try

Thank you to TiemnaMOStar598isaacsalancrystalily2003joellamariahnathalieAlice, and  fateclaws for their unwavering support! Without you, growth would not be possible. 

Thank you to JasminTangonan8EballeBenjieSeaBerryXKgpGerlyPaulinoramzzkie_143iris345loliKerenCaziahFrancisc0meh-_-life-_-irishpastores15, pabidaonmabsriongcute057, and KharrenFraser for adding this story to their reading lists. I love seeing this tale spread!

Elrohir peeked into the living room to find Elrond with Arwen on his lap, speaking with his wife. They stopped at his entrance and turned in their seats to look at him. Elrohir looked at his twin behind him as he crept into the room.

"I have been trying to forgive you," he said, looking at Elrond and Celebrian. He bit his lip. "But I cannot seem to do it. I-I have tried everything I can think of. I know you have changed and you will not spank me again but my inner mind does not believe it. I cannot find a way to convince it and, until I do, I will not be able to forgive you either."

"Thranduil says we will find a way," Elladan said. He squirmed. "We thought—we thought you could help us forgive you. I do not know how . . . or if it will work . . . but we have tried everything else."

"We would be happy to help," Celebrian told him, reaching for Elladan's hand to pull him into a hug. "We are here to help you. And no matter what it takes, we will convince your inner minds what your hearts feel."

Elladan rested his chin on her shoulder and nodded. He looked up as Legolas ran into the room, breathless and laughing with Thranduil behind him. Arwen slid to the floor and tugged at Thranduil's robe, asking, "Chase m'to!"

Elrohir made a dash for Elrond's free lap as Thranduil wrangled Legolas out of the room after Arwen.

"All children seem to like him," Celebrian said.

"It is what you get for being raised by Harune," Onyx said, whirling into the room. "I cannot run away from my little ones soon enough after I am done teaching them to dance."

OoOoO

Legolas snuggled beside his father. "Spring is almost here. I will miss Elladan and Elrohir when they go home."

Thranduil shifted beside him. "I will miss them to. But I know we will see them again. It seems we are both confident Elladan and Elrohir will be ready to return home soon."

"Elrond has made a lot of progress," Legolas said, looking up at his father. "Do you not think so?"

"I do think so. Would you feel safe being with him now?"

Legolas considered. "Yes. But I still like being with you more."

Thranduil chuckled and squeezed Legolas to him. "Elladan and Elrohir need to feel safe with their father before they return home. I think they will feel safe soon."