Chapter 30, Stay with me

Start from the beginning

I scoot closer and grab the nearest object to me. A syringe. I edge closer and closer towards the bed. I remove my hand from my waist and steadily hover over the bed. It seems to be fresh. I place my hand on the edge of the doona cover. I silently count to three in my mind. 1. 2. 3. I rip the doona cover away from the mattress and sheet. Only to reveal a long pillow. I jump on the pillow to make sure nobody is hiding in there, just to be sure.

I sigh and sit in an uncomfortable hospital chair. I put my face in my cupped hands and groan. Something makes a small shuffling noise. My head shoots up and I look around the area. Dust falls down from the wooden beams on the roof. I feel eyes on me.

Damon's POV

I wonder what goes on in this world these days. Zombies, zombie- humans, hot chicks. That one hottie that especially catches my eye. Mia. Her flowing fawn hair, her hazel eyes. Her soft luscious pink lips. The way her nose curves. Perfection, and here I thought vampires were perfect.

Normally I would be tempted to attack and suck dry a beautiful girl like her. Even though I've gone human-vegan. But she, she is just the most graceful thing on this earth, beauty at its finest. She never gives up and is determaned to save these people, her friends. Who knew a human could be capable of so much kindness. 

In all of the years I've been alive I've never seen such a breath taking human. She is special. I have felt like sleeping all of my life, but never had a chance too. Even though vampires don't need sleep they still can. I walk into an empty room. I dig through the storage cupboards in search of a mattress and sheets, I end up finding some sleeping equipment and begin making my way to the back of the room.

I throw my stuff on the floor and make my bed. I climb into the bed, fully clothed. I shut my eyes and lay still. My chest not rising, because I'm dead. I hear the door handle rattle and immediately rush to the wooden beams on the roof. I'm quite annoyed that I can't get even five minutes to myself. But when I see who it is my heart warms.

The goddess herself walks into the room. The mood in the room changes heat bubbles around in my body. She seems scared by the made bed in the room. She grabs a syringe and walks over to the bed. I watch as she rips the doona cover away from the mattress. Her tense muscles relax after she's done this. She slowly walks into a chair in the corner of the room. She places her hands in her palms. She groans. I find that really sexy. 

I lick my lips and bite my bottom one. She turns me on. I shuffle on the roof, I think it was too loud because she removes her face from her hands and darts her head around the room, scanning the area. I shuffle a little bit more, quieter this time. I place my hand on a patch of dust, causing it to fall off of the bean and onto the floor. Mia is standing directly beneath me. There's nowhere to go. She slowly tilts her head up, the syringe tightly gripped in her hand.

She tilts her head all the way back and I see her lips part, our eyes connect, a spark fills the room. I hang upside down. "What are you doing, you scared the shit out of me!" She says smiling.

"Admiring beauty at its finest," I tell her. Her cheeks flush pink.

"Well it's fair to say that I'm flattered, but I have a boyfriend, sorry I can't give you what you want." She says with a brilliant glimmer in her eye.

"But I can give you what he can't," I say "Let's call it.. friends with benefits type of thing?" I tell her smirking, this conversation is turning me on. I can tell it's turning her on too.

I glide down from the roof and stand close to her, our bodies inches apart, our eyes deeply connected, our lips so close yet so difficult to break.

 "So what do you say? Friends with benefits?" I say whispering. Her breathing increases. She looks me in the eyes. Her smooth hands pull my face towards hers and our lips connect. We create an atmosphere with danger and excitement. I slide my hand against her thigh, she places her hand on mine and continues sliding my hand up her's.