Chapter 27, Dear Diary

Katelyn's POV

Wow, what a night, I needed it. But now we're back to reality...great. I turn and see Elijah sleeping peacefully in bed shirtless, as usual I go into the kitchen to get some hot chocolate, even if its 6:28 in the morning. I mean it's rare for me to get up early but I had to get up at some point. I crawl back into bed and look around our room, I can't express how much guilt has appeared to me ever since the apocalypse started. I've killed people, more zombies, but it scares me. Our families are on the other side of the freaking world! I don't even know if they're alive, and we don't have any service to contact them.

 So much stress has come way, I want to give up. I want this to just be over already, but I can't give up, not on my friends I can't let them die,they are all I have. I need to stay strong and be there for them, and most of all keep Elijah safe. Tears creep out of my eyes.No no not again this happens everytime I think too deep, I put my head back and blink. Only one drop falls, just as it falls on my arm, it feels cold but immediately disappears.

A warm hand appears on my shoulder. 

"You ok babe?" Elijah asks still sounding tired. 

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine just worried," I say putting the hot chocolate down and smiling back at him. He gets closer to me and puts his arm around me and I lean my head on his shoulder. 

"We all are, but hey we made it this far, we just need to keep going. I quickly nod my head and close my eyes.

 "Knock knock love birds get your asses up were having a meeting, meet in the kitchen in about 5. Cool? Cool." Taylor said bursting the door open then closing it again.

"Way to ruin the moment," I mutter getting up heading to the bathroom. "What do you think this meeting is about?" Elijah asks putting his shirt on.

 "No idea, probably the cure, we need to work on it," I yell from the bathroom. I come out with my hair straight and nice, for once. Once I've finished fixing my appearance and making myself look alive I head back out into the bedroom. Elijah standing there fluffing his hair up and swishing it around with gel. He's just too cute for this horrible world.

"Very fancy," I tell him.

 "Why thank you." he replies. We link our arms and walk out. Mia sees us in the hallway and laughs. 

"Where you going? Prom?" She says cracking herself up. 

"Haha, but no, to the meeting," I reply. "Huh? What meeting?" She asks. "It's a meeting about something," I tell her. "Oh, ok, I'll meet you there soon, I just gotta fix my face," She tells me pointing to a pimple on her face.

I walk down the stairs and Elijah removes his grip on my arm and slides his arm around my waist, pulling me closer. We reach the bottom of the stairs and I see Jess with Taylor, Felicity, Dezi, Henry, Josh and Lucy. Lucy is now 20. Okay. 

"Well hello," I say walking into the room and taking a seat at the dining table. 

"Hey, so now we are waiting on Mia, she's got a pimple she's dealing with." Jess says. 

"Oh, I skipped puberty, sucks to be you," Lucy says sticking her tongue out. Omg, I swear to god this kid, ugh not even she's 20 now, this girl is so annoying about everything. Like honey we know that you skipped puberty.

"You'll be 53 tomorrow so sucks to be you," I tell her, instantly regretting saying that out loud. But it does the trick and wipes the smug look off of her face. I smile to myself secretly. Lucy looks annoyed, but whatever.

I see her eyes close, and I swear she just aged another two years. "I'm here sorry bathroom stuff." Mia says sitting down next to Ethan .

"Ok, now that we're all here we can discuss the cure. Taylor and I are gonna start making big pines of jars of the cure, then we're gonna mix it all and make several of them to stock an airplane."