16: Blub-blub-blub

16: Blub-blub-blub

"Making yourself sick is not going to help Teagan, I mean honestly - what if I wasn't the one who found you huh? What if it was  Scarrow or someone qually undesirable? Really the talke around this place is getting worse  and you passing out outside in the rain will not  be doing you any favors so If you could- Teagan are you even listening to me? Teagan?!" Lila glares at the silent girl who's laying stomach down on her bed,limp and pale as a sheet as she watches the potion brew.

It's been a few days since the bubbling has started.

It's  turned from green to a strange murky grey.

Teagan wonders if it's suppose to do that. Chrys doesn't know.

The bubbles blurb up slowly. It's maddening  - blub - blub- blum . . . bluuub.

She's feels the soft sound draw her in, her mind fades into the hypnotic bubbles as they slowly boil to the top of the sealed bottle.

Blub.... blub blub... every little bubble, slow. She fources her breathing to follow it. She calms. Her senses tingle.

It's a nice sound.

Blub.

Blub.

Blub.

Like a song. A song telling her time was running out. Lila still talking. Teagan's not listening.

A song that says, you'll die soon. Tick tock.

Blub.

Tick.

Blub.

Tock.

Blub.

"Teagan!!" Lila's voice smashes her reverie.

"Shut up!" Teagan burst out suddenly, whipping around so fast Lila gasps and stumbles backwards at the fire in Teagan's eyes.

It's  a second before Teagan realizes what just happened and she deflates. "Sorry Lila - I - I don't know what that was."

Lila sighs. "A bout of insanity maybe.'

"Probably." Teagan agrees misrably.

"Maybe we should - "

"Headmistress probably already had my aura checked. If something's wrong with it she didn't say. She knows something Lila - and she won't say." Teagan says, her arms sagging over the bed limply.

"Maybe you should say something instead - "

Teagan can't help the pinch of betrayal she feels at Lila's words. "No." She can't trust Headmistress  right now.

She doesn't know the exact reason anymore but she just can't .

She won't.

Lila doesn't say anything more after that.

The potion fills the silence again.

Blub - blub - blub -  each bubble seems to feel like its measuring the amount of sanity Teagan has left.

~~~~~~~~~~

Teagan bumps into a bony chest. She looks up,her eyes blinking slowly as Scarrow sneers down at her from above, she despises the height difference.

She doesn't register it's him until though, until he opens his mouth  - she hasn't seen him in quite some time.

But then - today was results day and she'd gotten an abysmally low grade in almost all her classes. She feels sick to her stomach when he starts to talk.