Episode 38: Replace Me

IMPORTANT A/N: Howdy, y'all. So for starters let me say that this chapter is very Rick-centric. Now, let me explain why. If you havent already noticed I have arcs for each BOC. Daryl already had most of his arc on the farm (remember those Daryl centric chapters?) and now it's Rick's turn. This chapter is also the start of my Dean arc so stay with me guys haha.

Also, if you're curious about the song on the side it is what I guess you could say inspired this chapter. It's what I had in mind for a specific part.

Now the important part I need to talk to you guys about.

KIT.

The next chapter can branch in one of two directions. I can go down the first path which begins the KitxOCxDean arc OR OR OR I can go down the second path which will just be DeanxOC. It all depends on whether or not you guys want Kit as a BOC. So leave me a comment on what you think about the chapter and then let me know whether or not you want some Kit loving! Thanks!

__________________________________________________

Even in the beginning, he didn't like thinking about you. He didn't like to ponder how much you meant to him. It was a topic his mind avoided like the plague because a part of him knew he wouldn't like the answer. That Lori wouldn't like the answer. So when Rick rushed away to the prison field, that was his pathetic attempt at trying not to think about it again.

There was a repeating sound in the darkness.

It was so familiar, but he knew it must have been a dream. It wasn't possible what he was hearing now. It didn't make any sense.

Rick slowly opened his eyes to find the source of the noise. His eyes landed on the flashing, red digits on a clock face. It was 7:00 in the morning and his alarm was going off.
He quickly sat up in panic. Rick was in his bed in his old bedroom. The sheets under him were soft and clean, the room was put together again, and photo frames hung on the wall.

It didn't make sense. This had to be a dream, but when did he fall asleep? He remembered talking to you and then rushing away. Why was everything so blurry?

"Are you going to turn that off, mate?"

A man appeared at the end of Rick's bed. Rick tensed, ready for a fight, as he took in the man's appearance. His hair was blond and cut short, he wore glasses over his brown eyes, and a casual button up shirt over his jeans.

"No?" The man questioned in accent, "Well then, I suppose I'll just-"

The man waved his hand out and the alarm clock stopped. Rick threw the covers over him off and jumped out of bed. He no longer wore his blood stained jeans and shirt, but rather a plain T-shirt and sleep pants.

"Who the hell are you? Where am I?" Rick demanded.

The man narrowed his eyes, "Do you remember the lad Ryan? A djinn?" Rick's eyes widened as the memory came back to him of what he was doing last. "Right, well, my name is Paul. I'm also a djinn, but I murdered Ryan."

"Wait, what?"

"I'll give you the quick version", Paul smirked and clasped his hands together behind his back, "You see, Ryan led me to your group. We were going to catch and kill one of you, you were our lucky winner, and then we were going feed off your blood and live. Well, I'm not one for sharing so after getting his help, I offed the poor chap."

"Kill? I'm not dead." Rick said firmly.

Paul shrugged, "You might as well be. See, right now we're in your head. This isn't a memory though, I have carefully reconstructed your world so you can live in peace while I drink you dry."