Episode 40: Since Day One

I did not proof read this. Just warning you before hand. Sorry it took me forever and a half to update this though! Hopefully my updates will be more regular from now on. Although, Black is coming to an end soon. I would guess that maybe MAYBE the last chapter is about 50. If I even get to 50, it may end sooner than that. As most of you know I'm bad at guessing that type of stuff.

___________________

Kit narrowed his eyes at the truck that came roaring toward the prison. A flash of silver on the steering wheel caught his eye, and for a moment he thought he knew the guy driving, "Is that...?"

You beat him to the rifle lying on the ground between the two of you and brought the scope up to your eye. The truck itself was old and beat up. The light blue color was rusted over and it was a two door cabin. You focused your aim on the man behind the wheel.

"Merle." You breathed and lowered the gun. Merle was bounding down the road toward the prison, but he was alone. His younger brother didn't sit in the passenger seat or in the bed of the truck. Daryl wasn't with him. With quick movements, you slung the rifle over your shoulder and bolted toward the stairs in the office behind you.

"[Name]!" Kit called after you, but you refused to slow your pace. Seconds later you heard another set of feet racing down the stairs behind you. Kit was speaking into the radio in a rushed tone, "Merle is coming straight for us. We need back up."

His words faded as you burst through the lower level door out into the sunny field. The truck was in the distance still coming head on. Merle wasn't slowing down a bit. You sprinted to the gate and began to pull on the chain to get the gates to open. Kit rushed after and began to help you pull on the pulley system to get the gates open quicker. The metal fences swung open just in time for Merle's truck to blow past the two of you and then come to a screeching halt in the middle of the field.

Kit was closing the gate as you jogged toward the truck, "Merle!"

The bald Dixon swung the driver's door open, slipped out onto his feet, and then slammed the door behind him with as much force as he could muster. There was a glare on his features aimed at you, "Where's my brother at!?"

Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Wha- What?? He was with you, Merle!"

"Bitch, he came back to you!"

"Hey!" Kit barked and quickly walked over to stand in front of you. You side stepped so you could still keep your eyes on Merle.

You shook your head, "No. No, he didn't! Merle, where's Daryl!?"

Merle looked taken aback a moment. His eyes glanced from Kit back to you and his glare grew harsher. Merle lifted the metal knife attached to his stump arm and marched toward the two of you threateningly, "Don't you lie to me, you bring my brother out here now!"

"He's not here!" You cried out in fear. Daryl was missing? Panic filled every inch of your body. Even Merle seemed to get the point from your tone and his angered look became softer and regret filled his eyes. The sound of running could be heard, but you ignored it completely. You snapped yoru worry gaze to Kit, "Kit, is he-?!"

"No." Kit shook his head, knowing exactly where your thoughts were heading, "He's alive. You're still connected, I see it, I promise."

"You see what?" Merle snapped in confusion.

"What's going on?" Rick's voice demanded as he got to the scene. His weapon was drawn though he didn't aim it at Merle yet. Sam and Dean were beside Rick with their own weapons drawn and matching looks of tension on their faces. "Merle?"

You spoke up first, taking a step away from Kit and toward Rick, "He lost Daryl."

"I didn't lose him!" Merle roared and marched toward you. The guns came up and Rick matched Merle's step so he was closer to him than you were. Merle backed down and shook his head, "He said he was comin' back here and I let 'im go."