Episode 35: Not Rick

Ugh I love writing for this story so much it hurts. I cant wait until TWD comes back this weekend! I'm currently watching SPN season 9 on Netflix and I'm about halfway through it so far. It's soooooo good. Dean baby I love you.

Let me know what you think!

_____________

Pain.

You were vaguely aware that the dark purple bruise around your left eye was throbbing with pain. That each heartbeat sent a flurry of aches through your face. Your wrists were bloody and sore from trying to pull out of the metal handcuffs that kept you bound to the metal chair you sat in.

It was nothing though.

You barely even registered that your face was injured. You remember one of the Governor's unfamiliar henchmen knocking you to the ground with a punch before strapping you into the chair, but it was at the back of your mind.

What really ached? What really hurt?

"Daryl!" You let out another anguished cry. It was echoed by a pain filled one of his own from next door. You couldn't see him, you were alone in this dimly lit basement room, but you could hear him. You could hear every punch thrown, every pained cry, and that was unbearable. It made your chest feel like it was filled with lead, your heart stuttered in fear and desperation, "Stop it!"

Your throat was hoarse from screaming.

"Please stop it!"

Daryl let out another howl of pain and the tears leaked from your eyes. You would do anything to stop this. The two of you had only been here a couple hours at most, but time dragged on forever when someone you cared about was in pain.

When they were being tortured.

His strangled cries died down for a moment. Someone was talking next door, but you couldn't understand what they were saying. The words were too faint.

"No!" Daryl's voice roared and you jumped slightly at the suddenness of the word, "Fuck you! Get back here! No! Don't fucking touch her!"

The words were conflicting. There was relief that he was being left alone, yet at the same time ice filled your veins as you heard a door slam shut and footsteps toward your own. Your breath caught in your throat when the footsteps stopped.

"What?"

"Get out of here."

The new voice, the second one to speak was familiar.

"That's not what my orders are. He's gonna be down here soon and if I didn't-"

"Get the fuck out of here before I-"

"Alright, alright, geez. Relax man."

Fading footsteps and the door opened. Sobs racked your body at the familiar face stepped into the room. You shook your head and pulled at your restraints again.

"Shane", The name fell from your lips, "Stop this, stop him please."

His face crumpled with pain and he looked away from you, "I told you not to leave, Aj. Why couldn't you just listen?"

"Help us!" You screamed at him, "Help us!"

Shane lifted his gaze to yours. His eyes were filled with conflict. Resentment mingled with helplessness. Pain mixed with confusion. "I can't do anything. I can't- What do you expect from me?"

"I was wrong- I was wrong", You shook your head, "You have changed, I'm sorry Shane, just please- please help us."

Shane covered his face with his hands then quickly moved them up to run through his hair. He glanced over his shoulder at the sound of a door opening. His eyes snapped to yours, "Are the others ok? Are they alive?"