Episode 43: Mess of Gorgeous Chaos

So I am unable to update stories in a healthy, normal manner. I either binge update Black or binge update Ghost (whilegnoringmanyotherstoriesIstartedandhavenodesiretofinish). Oops.

I think the sudden urge to write for this story came from the new spinoff of TWD. Fear the Walking Dead plays on Sunday nights now and the first episode wasnt too bad. It made me crave my babes from TWD though which led me to writing for Black. Plus, Black is nearing it's end so I really want to finish it, you know?

Thanks to all of you who commented on the last chapter. You're all perfect people. Here is the next chapter (which I kind of owed y'all after that horrible cliffhanger haha).

_______________________

Dean Winchester couldn't count the number of times his life, or his brother's, depended on him acting on a moment's notice. It had come to the point where he honestly didn't even have to think about it anymore. The situation would arise and his body would react before his mind even had time to catch up. This was one of those moments.

He was quick to draw his gun, but the Marie look a like didn't even seemed fazed by the barrel aimed at her face. This didn't deter Dean who growled, "You so much as even move and I will put you down."

Sam had his hand hovering over his own gun with tense shoulders. Daryl hadn't lowered his crossbow since crossing through the doorway, but his gaze was darting around the room checking for any other surprises.

"I mean you and your friends no harm, Dean Winchester." She spoke in a soft tone, but there was an authority laced with her words, "I come in..." A small giggled escaped her lips, "Peace."

Dean shared a glance with both men, but his gun didn't waver. Trust wasn't something that got handed out often these days, and it sure as hell didn't get handed out to supernatural look a like creatures.

"You aren't supposed to be here." Sam said slowly.

"Why?" She questioned curiously. No one offered an answer, but she didn't seem upset over the fact. She took a half step back and sat against the window's ledge. Her white dress fanned around her legs, "I was hoping [Name] would be with you."

Daryl narrowed his eyes at the mention of your name, "She's out lookin' for you."

Dean nodded his head toward the demon-killing blade in her hand, "That knife. Why do you have it?"

"I found it here." She glanced down at her hands as if she had forgotten what she was holding, "I knew it was important." She lifted her gaze to the skeptical redneck, "I knew you would need it, Daryl Dixon."

Daryl stiffened at the sound of his name. Sam took notice of his friend's discomfort and took a step forward pulling her attention to him, "Who are you? Because you're definitely not Marie."

"Have you met her before? This Marie?" She questioned.

Dean and Daryl had never met the woman before. Hell, Daryl hadn't known she ever existed until a couple hours ago, but Sam was in a different boat. There was one trip, so many years ago, where he drove out to Alabama to visit you. It was a short visit, but it ended with Sam running into the elusive Marie and having a short conversation. You never wanted the Winchesters to meet Marie and you never told her any details about them. That was all Sam learned from the conversation with her.

"You're not her." Sam replied.

She nodded, "I'm not. I thought this form would make [Name] feel better. Put her at ease."