Episode 10: I'm Fine, I'm OK

This chapter is actually supposed to be longer, but I decided to split it up into two. This way it wouldn't be a ridiculous amount of pages AND I'd get to post it this week. I have no time to post it tomorrow b/c of an exam (just kill me now), so it's also a day early.

Now this chapter is kind of strange in the sense that [Name]/Aimee/you arent the main focus. It jumps around in different zooms often so be aware that with every BIG paragraph break it means it's jumping to a different perspective. I have pictures in the comments, but be aware that the pictures of your dreams are a bit more graphic than usual (in a horror sense).

Also in case you were wondering, I am STILL sobbing over the mid season finale of The Walking Dead and I will probably continue sobbing until February when I get to see the next episode. Just thought you guys might wanna know that my heart and soul were totally crushed!

________________________

Everything was black. Black with flashes of red and with every flash of red came a new face filled with terror. Some faces were unfamiliar, some were familiar, but overall they were filled with pain. You watched as bodies were ripped apart and blood pooled around you. Sharp teeth, jagged claws, torn flesh.
The pool of blood was rising. It swirled around your knees in a warm, thick mess. Nausea rose in your throat as the blood pooled higher and higher. Light shone from above you, it was a white square, a beacon of hope. You tried to reach for the ledge as the blood reached your throat. Faces appeared. Daryl, Rick, Dale, Glenn, Maggie, and Shane stood at the top. They were yelling but you couldn't hear. You tilted your head to keep the blood from pooling into your mouth. Tears dripped down your cheeks. Daryl reached down, his hand was in reach. You pushed your hand out of the blood to try and grab it when a hand wrapped around your ankle. Your eyes widened as it pulled you under.
As your head became completely submerged, the blood turned to water. It was a thinner liquid and felt cool against your skin. Your [h/c] hair fanned around you as you glanced around. There was no opening, nowhere to go for air, it was all water.
The hand griped around your ankle again and pulled you down further. You opened your mouth in surprise sending a flurry of bubbles around you.
'Of course you should be afriad of the dark. You know what's out there.'
The voice was muffled. Stars began to dance in your vision. Your chest ached with a lack of air.
'You know what's hiding, and you know that it wants you dead.'
Your feet hit solid ground and you slowly sank to your knees. It was a sandy bottom, like the bottom of a lake or ocean. A hand buried itself in your hair and pulled your head back.
It was Andrea. She stood above you as if she wasn't even in the water. Her clothes didn't drift and her hair didn't fan around her head. She shrugged.
"It's still winning." Her voice rang out clear as a bell. You sucked in a breath of icy, dark water.

You sat up with a small cry. A cold sweat covered your body as your hair was stuck against your face. You took in deep breaths trying to calm yourself.
The sun was barely peeking over the horizon casting strange shadows throughout your room. Suddenly, you feared those dark corners. Flashes of sharp teeth, jagged claws, and torn flesh. You began to hyperventilate, but when you closed your eyes to calm down it only became worse. A human face made up of mostly shark like teeth. A pale, lanky creature that hid in the woods and devoured humans. Goosebumps and flickering lights. It was as if your mind was filled with an array of monsters. Monsters that made walkers seem almost friendly. Warm tears streaked your face as you jumped out of bed and struggled to pull on your jeans. Your hands shook.
Humans with solid black eyes. Glowing blue hands. Blood. Pain.
You let out a cry as you slipped and fell onto your knees. You tried to catch your breath when out of the corner of your eye you saw it. The black figure stood in the corner of your room staring at you. The hole in your heart grew as you scrambled to your feet and sprinted down the stairs and out of the house. You didn't even realize you were barefoot until you were halfway between the camp and the house.
You paused as the first few rays of sunlight washed against you. The scene around you was too peaceful. No one was awake yet, it was just you. You took in a deep calming breath and pushed the hair out of your face.
"You can't run."
Your head snapped around to come face to face with the monster made of mostly teeth. A muffled, strangled cry escaped your lips before you fell onto your back. You covered your face with your hands and held in a terrorized scream.
"Hey, hey!"
Rough hands grabbed your arms and lightly shook you. They traveled up to your hands and tore them from your face.
"Don't hurt me." You cried as light hit your eyes.
"What the hell is wrong with you, sunshine?" Daryl demanded.
Your eyes focused on him. He had the look out rifle strung around his shoulders which meant he had been on watch. Had he heard your scream or had he just seen you sprinting out of the house? You swallowed the lump in your throat before shaking your head.
"I'm- I'm sorry." You tore yourself away from Daryl and stood up. You wrapped your arms around your torso as he stared at you in confusion, "I didn't mean to- I just- I'm sorry."
"Quit sayin' your sorry and just tell me what that was."
You paused, "It was...it was a bad dream. I'm ok."
You tore your gaze away from him and held your head. Daryl's eyes traced your figure before landing on your feet.
"You're not even wearing shoes. Again." He shook his head and grabbed your arm. Daryl began to take you back towards the house when you dug your heels into the dirt.
"No." You shook your head, "Daryl, no. I can't- don't want to go back in."
"Why not?" He stopped but his hand was still on your arm.
"Can I just- stay with you? I'll help you keep watch." You shrugged and pasted a forced smile on your lips. Daryl held your gaze for a second before letting go of your arm.
"Fine, but if you start getting annoying-"
"You'll roll me off the RV. I'll just sit there." You nodded. Daryl silently walked back to the RV with you behind him. Luckily, the area was mostly grass and soft dirt so it didn't hurt to walk around barefoot.
Daryl climbed onto the RV first and then offered you a hand when you were halfway up. Suddenly, you weren't climbing up the RV. You were in that pool of blood trying to reach Daryl's arm. Your hands slipped and you would've hit the ground hard if Daryl hadn't grabbed your arm at last minute. He pulled you up onto the RV as you laid sprawled out trying to catch your breath.
Daryl didn't yell at you, or ask what had happened. He just stood beside you with eyes narrowed. As if he were trying to work through the problem himself.
"Thanks." You forced a chuckle hoping to make the situation seem lighter than it was. "So was it the scream or me running out of the house?"
Daryl seemed startled by the sudden switch of topic, "What?"
"You came and got me." You motioned toward the spot where Daryl had grabbed you. It wasn't too far from camp, luckily no one else had been startled awake by your cry, "Did you see me run out of the house or just hear me yell?"
"Heard the house door slam shut and saw you." He shrugged and forced his gaze toward the tree line.
"Well thanks. I'm glad you snapped me back to my senses."
Daryl didn't reply. You sighed and sat up. You were exhausted. All you wanted to do was go back to sleep, but you couldn't. You were too afraid that if you closed your eyes monsters would roam through your mind.
"How's your back?" Daryl spoke up breaking the silence. You glanced over to see he wasn't looking at you.
You stood up, hoping it'd wake you up more, "Um it's eerily healed."
"What?"
"Look." You turned and lifted your shirt up some. Daryl's eyes focused on the small of your back where a bullet wound was. He took a step forward in surprise when he noticed the injury was just a scar now. You could feel Daryl standing right behind you. Thoughts of him and Carol made you drop your shirt and spin around. Of course this movement nearly sent you right off the RV. Daryl grabbed your arms to steady you.
"Sunshine, can you not fall off the damn RV?" He snapped before leading you backwards with his hands around your arms. Daryl lightly pushed you into the camping fold out chair that had been placed on top of the RV for whoever was on watch.
His hands lingered on your arms for a moment before he pulled them back and stepped away.
You shifted in the seat awkwardly before nodding your thanks. Daryl broke the silence again, "You need more sleep. I can see the bags under your eyes from over here."
"I'm ok. Not tired at all." You gave him a pathetic smile.
Daryl scoffed and motioned down at the camp, "Your tent is right there. The yellow one with purple straps. Just go to sleep before you pass out."
He took a step toward you with the plan to help you down but you pulled your knees toward your chest and leaned back against the chair's arm rest.
"I'll sleep here." This made him stop, "I can take a quick nap. Please, Daryl?"
He stared at you before looking away, "Like I give a damn. Just don't fall off. I'll never hear the end of it from Rick."
"Rick worries too much about me."
"Well what do you expect? He doesn't want his little girlfriend to get hurt."
Your eyes widened despite the exhaustion, "Why would you say that? Rick is married."
Daryl sighed and a look crossed his face that made you realize he wish he hadn't said anything. He shrugged, "Y'all just seem friendly is all."
"He's married."
"Didn't stop his wife did it?"
You leaned forward, "You know about Lori and Shane?"
"Everybody knows about them, sunshine." He scoffed, "Everybody, but Rick."
You shifted uncomfortably, "Well we're just good friends is all."
Daryl didn't say anything else as took a seat a few feet away from you. He moved the rifle so it rested in his lap rather than on his back.
"You and Carol seem friendly."
Daryl's gaze shot to you, "No."
You couldn't help but let out a small laugh, "What?"
"Don't even think that." He replied, "I was just helping her out."
"The flower was really cute, Daryl."
"It was a Cherokee rose. It's for mothers that have lost their kids." He fired back, "That's all."
For some reason this fact comforted you. You leaned back in the seat again with a sigh, "You're a good guy, Daryl. I'm glad we could talk like this."
"You should be sleeping."
"M'kay." You agreed as your eyelids grew heavier, "Just make sure I don't fall off the RV."
There was no answer as you closed your eyes.