Episode 24: Day Seven

So I sat down to write the next NVA update and I type this up instead T.T I am so sorry to all my NVA lovers, but if youre reading this right now you might be a bigger Black fan than a NVA fan so you might actually be happy about it haha. Anyways, this chapter is short but it's supposed to be that way. I'm keeping it to what happens on a specific day so this means that this is all one day, that's why its short.

Anyways, leave me some feedback and votes and whatnot!

_________________________

The house used to be a home. It used to have a family within its walls that laughed, cried, and lived together. Now it was just a shell of what it once was. Dull white paint peeled off the wooden porch. Windows were broken and the bright red front door was knocked off its hinges lying off to the side. The front lawn was overgrown as the tree in the front began to shed its dead leaves. It was no longer a home, but it could be a temporary shelter.

The caravan of vehicles rolled to a stop in front of the single two story house. It wasn't part of a neighborhood, it stood alone on the side of the road, carved into the forest line. It was unsurprising to Rick to see that the Winchester brothers were the first out of the car and into the house. He kept his gaze on them as they shared a knowing glance before quietly sneaking into the house to check for dangers.

"They already in?" Daryl jogged up beside Rick. He had been the last in the caravan. The question was one Daryl already knew the answer to, but felt the urge to ask anyways.

Rick nodded toward the house, "Daryl and T go around back. Follow me, Glenn."

Hershel watched as the four men jumped into action, disappearing into the house. He let out a sigh as he thought to himself. There hadn't been any outright disagreements with the new members of the group, but to say they melded in with the others was a bold faced lie.

"What are you thinking about, daddy?" Beth asked. She was holding onto a bag, sitting in the back of the car with the window rolled down. Maggie was walking over from the car where Lori and Carol were with Carl.

"Nothing, honey." Hershel replied with a smile. That had been a bold faced lie as well.

"Clear up here." Dean called out as he began heading down the stairs, in his hand was the dull machete blade. Sam was by the end of the staircase standing beside Glenn and Rick. He repeated his words and slid the blade into its holster, "We're clear."

Rick nodded and turned to Glenn, "Start bringing the essentials in. We'll stay here the night."

"I don't know if that's the best idea." Sam began, "We could rest up here, eat an early dinner, but I think we should keep moving."

Rick shifted in his step as Glenn hesitated to leave. Daryl and T came in from one of the back rooms as Rick set his hands on his hip, "And why not?"

Sam tilted his head slightly at the tone of Rick's voice. He glanced back at Dean who kept his solid gaze on Rick and the others as well. Sam put on a forced smile, "It was just an opinion. No need to get hostile."

T-Dog could feel the tension rise and took this as his escape. He mumbled something about getting the others before rushing out the front door. Glenn followed eagerly, he had respect for the brothers for helping them, but that didn't change the fact that the Winchesters still sacred him.

"If we stay the night, it'll give me time to hunt. Get us something to eat other than canned peaches." Daryl commented. "Imma head out now."