Episode 34: Baby Formula & Snickers

This is not my best work ._. It also has some grammitcal errors b/c I wrote this on my phone rather than my computer. Sorry for the super long wait though y'all!

______________________

The metal plate in front of you was nearly picked clean. There was a single spot in the corner where the remainder of your oatmeal breakfast stared up at you. You prodded at it with your fork, deep in thought about other things. It was early morning, not super early considering the sun had completely risen past the horizon, but it was still early enough that some people hadn't woken up yet. You were not one of them and neither was Glenn.

"It's been three days, Glenn." You broke the silence with a sigh and brought your eyes up to look at him, "If you don't stop staring at me like that I'm going to attack you."

Glenn, who was the only other person in the dining area with you, leaned back in his seat across from you with a guilty look drawn across his features. He had been eating as well, but the moment he finished his meal he decided to just remain sitting there to stare you down.

He bobbed his head, "Sorry. I was just thinking."

A small chuckle escaped your lips and you murmured, "Still haven't gotten used to that."

"Used to what?" Glenn's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"The new you."

It was a casual answer to slip from your lips and you weren't paying super close to his reaction to it. However, when an awkward silence settled between the two of you, you aimed your full attention on him. Glenn had a slightly hurt look on his face. He shook his head, "What is that supposed to mean?"

Your eyes widened and you quickly shook your head, "No, Glenn. I didn't mean-" You paused and let out a small sigh, "I wasn't trying to say that you didn't think before or that you were....mindless or something."

Glenn still looked weary of your words. You didn't necessarily blame him either. The words came out a bit crass, and you weren't even trying to throw an insult at him. In fact, you couldn't even think of a single thing to insult him on anyways.

"Glenn", You began again with a small smile, "There is a large number of people here who wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for your quick thinking. I can put myself in that group."

He seemed to slightly settle some and the hurt look on his face was washed away as he fully understood that you didn't mean to insult him with your words. Glenn returned the smile with a small one of his own, "Then what did you mean?"

"I just meant..." You paused in thought. What did you mean? You let your eyes focus on his figure. Glenn was wearing a long sleeve off white shirt with small splotches of dried blood in random spots. Unlike some of the other men, he didn't have a lot of facial hair. Rather, he just had some whiskers here and there. It wasn't a change in appearance that made you realize he changed. It was the way he held himself now. Glenn was no longer the uncertain kid in a red baseball cap. "Mature. You seem...aged. It wasn't that you were a naïve kid back then or anything, but you just seem more...worn."

"That's what the apocalypse will do to you." Glenn mumbled in agreement with a slight nod of his head. His answer was evidence enough that he wasn't the same joking Glenn you first got to know. Still, there were some aspects him that were the same. It was the ones you admired the most. His dedication, his protective nature, his strength of mind.

"You aren't the only one who's different though." You thought aloud, "Maggie and Beth are so much stronger. They really stepped up to the plate. And Hershel? He went from grumpy old man trying to kick us off his lawn to Grandpa Claus with words of comfort and wisdom."