Marcus's heart ponded in his chest as he remained silent.

"Marcus, I ain't seen you around in a minute. I halfway forgot you existed," Paris said.

Marcus was barely ever around since he started working for Jaq. He felt too nervous around Paris since he was plotting against him.

"Yeah bro, I just been a little busy. Look, I just wanted to come check on you. I got something to do," he said before stepping out of the room.

"That nigga weird. Anyways, Dawn told me all about what you did for Kim. You really love that girl huh?" Maine asked, happy for him.

"Yeah, I want to see her, but I ain't got enough energy to move, and she probably wouldn't want to see me anyway. I kno' I f*cked up."

"Nigga you think she care about that after you risked your life to save hers? I think not. Besides, she almost died, she got more important things to worry about."

"You probably right. Now one problem, how I'm supposed to get there. My leg out of commission and my body ain't up to par right na."

Maine looked over at the wheelchair in the corner before lifting his brows. "You don't weigh nun but 70 pounds. I can put yo skinny a** in that chair and wheel you down to her room," he chuckled.

Paris didn't know how he felt about another man picking him up, especially Maine, but he was willing to do it to see his baby.

Maine pushed the wheelchair as close to his bed as he could before helping Paris sit up. "Nigga be careful with me please."

"Okay Cardi B." he chuckled, before sitting him in the wheelchair.

Paris told him the room number before they headed out, occasionally bumping into walls.

Finally, after running into almost everybody and everything, they reached her room.

Carmen and Will had went to work, so she was in there alone.

"Alright, I can take it from here. Just wait outside and I'll let ya know when you can take me back to my room," Paris said before wheeling himself into her room.

He smiled a little once he saw her face. She had a small scratch under her eye, but other than that, her face was perfectly fine. The rest of her body was scratched up, but the blankets were covering them.

Her chest heaved up and down as she slept. Paris could watch her sleep all day, she was so beautiful to him.

He grabbed her hand, massaging her fingers with his thumb. "I'm sorry for everything that I put you through. I was only trying to protect you, and it seemed like all I did was put you in danger. I promise, on everything, I'd give up everything for you. This past year has been the best of my life, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I put your life over mines, and I was willing to give up mine so you could live yours and I'd do it again. I love you," he said lowly.

He wasn't the type to get in his feelings, but he figured nobody could hear him but God, so he was good.

Kim heard every single word he said. She had been awake when he came into the room, but once she realized it was him, she pretended to be asleep.