Chapter Twenty: Power

The boardroom of Greyson Enterprise, with its antiquated wood panel walls and leather executive chairs, exuded a need for change—change Nate was more than willing to provide. While his grandfather's diligence built the company into a successful conglomerate, his father; in his forty years at the helm; managed to run it to the ground, all in the vain pursuit of providing the opulent lifestyle his four wives craved.

"If only his grandfather were alive to see this," he thought as his father sat at the head of the table, boasting about the amount of revenue generated from the sale of assets—putting the company in sound health for the next fiscal year.

'Bastard.'

"Now, before we adjourn this meeting, is there any further business to discuss?"

His father and the board members looked around the table.

"I'd like to call into vote the removal of Thaedyn Greyson as C.E.O. of Greyson Enterprise." Nate leaned back in his chair and folded his arms.

The outcry that followed had no effect on his demeanor as he stared his father down. He was taking Thaedyn Greyson down, and there wasn't a damn thing anyone could do about it.

"Nathaniel." his father's voice called mockingly. "You haven't the votes."

Under normal circumstances, he was right. The twenty-five percent of shares his grandfather left him could never be enough but with the additional thirty percent he bought behind his father's back, he'd have all the votes he needed, even if no one else in the room backed him.

"Everyone in this room knows that this company has suffered grave losses under your control." He continued. "The fact that you had to sell a percentage of your shares to keep this company afloat is proof of that."

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" His father stood to his feet. "I'm managed to keep this company profitable for over 40 years!"

'So much for professionalism,' Nate thought as he pulled out copies of the company portfolio, and proceeded to distribute them to the members.

"As you can all see, on page twelve, the graph represents profits and losses of Greyson enterprise over the tenor of my father's leadership."

Judging from the expression on the members' faces. They had no idea how badly his father's decision making had affected the bottom line.

"This is absurd! You have no right to do this."

"Oh, but I do father." He stood from his chair and slowly made his way to the head of the table. "You see, while you were busy chasing ass and selling off grandfather's company in order to keep the latest Mrs. Greyson happy, I was buying shares. Over the course of ten years, I managed to amass enough shares to give me a majority vote."

As he stood face to face with his father, it pleased him to whisper this so only he could hear, "So you see father, even if every one of your flunkies on this board vote to keep you in office, my shares alone are enough to put you out on your ass."

The odious look in his father's eyes told him he wanted to draw blood but he remained in control—the last thing Thaedyn needed was to throw punches in front of a board of directors who were starting to question his leadership.

"All in favor of keeping Thaedyn Greyson as C.E.O.?" Nate looked around the room as the hands of all but two of the board members were raised. "All those in favor of removing him?"

As Nate raised his hand along with two other members, his gaze returned to Thaedyn.

"Make sure you clear out your office by the end of the day. Your replacement starts work on Monday."