Everything Falls

When Aaliyah opened the door, and saw Nathaniel, carrying all six of her books and a duffle bag, she couldn't help but laugh.

"You've got to be kidding me."

"Nope. I cleared my calendar for the next two days. I have every intention of reading your work. According to my niece, it's the perfect way to get to know you better. She informed me that you wrote your first book as a sophomore in college and it gives really good insight on your experiences during that time."

"Wow. I'm impressed. Not only is your niece sophisticated for her age but she sounds like a damn good literary analyst."

"You have no idea." He placed the bag and books on the couch and took her in his arms.

"So, what's in the bag?" She bit her nails, hoping it was what she thought it was.

"Well...I planned on spending those two days... with you." He smiled and her heart leaped.

The thought of having him all to herself was a dream come true. No interruptions from friends or family. No obstacles. Just two glorious days with the man she was falling hopelessly in love with.

"I figured," he continued. "It would be best to stay here, just in case I needed a little insight from the author."

"Oh. Is that right?" She teased as she played with the collar of his shirt and gave him a doe-eyed grin.

"As long as I can get a little work in, now and then." She smiled as she wrapped her arms around him and stole a kiss.

"I have a deadline approaching. Joanna will kill me if I don't meet it."

"You won't even know I'm here." He smiled, crossing his heart with a lopsided grin on his handsome face.

"Scouts honor."

"Alright." She sighed. "As long as you promise to hold me close every night and kiss me every morning."

Holding her tightly, his eyes held her captive with their warmth. "There's nothing I'd love to do more."

"