Bliss

"Good morning beautiful." Nathaniel's voice called as Aaliyah smiled and stretched her weary body. As her brown eyes blinked open to the sight of Nathaniel's handsome face, watching her intently, she couldn't help but flush in a warm glow.

"No. Don't be shy now Ms. Richards. Not after last night." He teased as he nibbled on her ear and pulled her naked body close to his.

"Good morning." She sighed as he planted a wet kiss on her full lips.

"Mmmm, slow down Romeo. I'm still recovering from last night."

"I promise, I'll be gentle." He smiled, letting his teeth graze the line of her chin before biting softly.

"Gentle or not. I don't think I have the strength to keep up with you."

Smiling, he released her before getting out of bed and pulling on his jeans.

"You hungry?"

"Yes."

She watched him waltz into the kitchen. Rolling on her side, she admired his strong body. Waking up in his arms felt surreal but right. After last night, there was no doubt in her mind that the man was into her. Nathaniel spent every waking moment tending to her needs—her desires.

"Do you want me to order something?" She asked nervously—painfully aware of the fact that she hadn't been to the market in days.

"No." He examined the contents of her refrigerator. "You have everything I need." His eyes held hers as he smiled.

As her skin flushed with warmth, she buried her face in the covers. 'What was this man doing to her?' she thought as she hopped out of bed and slipped on her undies and t-shirt.

"Do you need any help?" she hopped on the counter and watched him.

"Do I look like I need help?" he teased as he cracked open an egg with one hand. "I'll have you know, Liya, that I happen to be an excellent cook."

"Ok." She kissed his bare shoulder and hopped off the counter. "You don't mind if I take a shower, do you?"

Stopping her with his strong arm, he smiled. "Why don't you wait until after breakfast? We can shower together."

The thought of his wet naked body against hers made her flush. "Alright."

Making her way back to bed, she glanced over her shoulder. Nathaniel looked happy. Who would have thought, just a month ago, that beautiful stranger she met at the book signing would be in her apartment, making her breakfast?

"So, what's on your agenda for today?" He asked as he whisked the eggs.

"I don't know. Why?"

"I was thinking we could spend the day together. Maybe end it at my place?" He gave her a carnal look that left nothing to the imagination.

"Alright," she breathed as her phone vibrated on the table. It was a text from Kat, apologizing for last night.

Liya: Don't worry about it, Kat. I'll talk to you later, Alright?

Kat: Do you want to go shopping today or something?

Liya: No. I'm just gonna hang around here.

Kat: Are you alone? Is he there with you? He is, isn't he?!!!!!!!!

Rolling her eyes, Aaliyah sent a quick rebuttal. There was no way she was going to tell Kat about last night. Knowing Kat, she was on her way down right now.

Liya: Yes, but don't come down Kat. I'm serious.

The knock at her front door told her it was too late.