"Well, I can't, okay? It's just, she was my twin and-"

"I understand, but-" I cut him off and a second after, he repeated my move.

"No, you know what? You don't. I have been with her since we were a bunch of fuckin' cells so don't tell me you understand because you don't understand what it's like to lose a twin! You never can!" he raised his voice at me, standing up, enraged as he withdrew his hand from mine.

Now he had done it. "What the hell did you just say to me? I don't understand?" I scoffed at him disbelievingly, amazed at the number of guts he had to utter that statement to my face like it was no big deal. "You ran off to uni two months after she passed away, Chris, but me? I had to stay in that same goddamn house that I grew up with her in. I lived in a room next to hers except this time, there was no music blasting from her room and none of your friends hanging out in there. There was no laughter, it was just that dreadful silence. Every day I would watch dad stand outside her room and cry and I didn't have enough strength to muster up the courage to even stand at her door because it was too damn painful."

He stood silent in shock and I continued. "I walked down the hallways of the same school that I had gone with her for the past three years. Did everything being the girl 'whose elder sister died!"

"So, maybe you should stop acting like you're the only one who lost her that night. Get it in your head that she wasn't only your twin, she was mom and dad's daughter and she was my sister as well. Maybe you're right, but if I don't know what it's like to lose a twin, you sure as hell don't know what it's like to lose an elder sister."

I lost track of how long I had been ranting but I didn't regret anything that I said. I put the strap of my bag on my shoulder because he had managed to successfully send my good mood to hell and now there was no way I was staying here. I turned around as my hand clutched the doorknob and pulled it open. "And you know what, Chris? Maybe you should stop telling yourself that you broke up because you couldn't tell her about Cassie because if you loved Macy enough, you would've told her without a thought."

I took a deep breath and fixed my face in the mirror that resided on the wall of the lobby. It was getting dark outside so I decided to head to Noah's apartment because honestly, there was nowhere else I would rather be than with him.

I exited the lift and rang his doorbell, hoping it would be Noah who attended the door. A few seconds later, my wish turned into reality as Noah opened the door. An impeccable smile took over his face as he saw me and I swear to god, my heart fluttered at his simple action. My eyes drank in his mesmerizing face as he stood in front of me. God knows I could never have enough time in the world to appreciate the kind of intrinsic beauty that Noah carried both in his face and his soul. My mind shuddered thinking of all the feelings that were pouring out like water in an oasis just by the mere sight of his face. Oh, how I would give anything to do nothing and just be with him. 

I bit my lip as I returned the gesture sheepishly. "Can I crash with you tonight?" I asked, exhausted from all the arguing I had participated in.

"You don't need to ask me that, you mophead. Just get in," he said, pulling me into his apartment in one swift move.

I let out a breath of relief and I couldn't help but let a chuckle escape my mouth hearing what he had called me. He pulled me straight to his room and shut the door.

"Hi," I whispered as his presence hovered over mine.

"To hell with your hi," he rasped and his large hands cupped my cheeks as he crashed his lips with mine. He didn't waste a second to devour my mouth as I granted approval to his tongue to enter. The feel of the bliss of his mouth on mine made me so weak in the knees that if he hadn't curled his arms around my waist, I would be on the floor. I felt his body loosen under my touch and his arms roamed every part of my body. His warmth spread entirely through my body. I let out a low moan as his tongue didn't bother to hold back. Urgency and need were expressed more than obviously through his kiss but the passion, it just increased with every fuckin' kiss. It obliterated everything I was worried about and I felt like I was soaring through the sky.