36.

December 13th - 35 Weeks

Colby arrived at the hospital at 7 that morning, almost 4 hours after Rebecca had called him. He called Hunter and woke him up and they told him to take the private plane to the nearest airport and they would have a car waiting for him.

After the intense plane ride, constantly wondering if Ella had made her appearance he checked his phone the entire drive to the hospital with no news from anyone. He considered no news to be good news, He was going to make it.

He got the room number from one of the nurses at the nurses station and ran down the hall and into the room.

Rebecca was sitting on the edge of the bed and she looked up at him with a small smile and in that moment he didn't think she could possibly look more beautiful.

"Oh my god" she let out a sigh of relief as he walked over to her quickly and placed a kiss on her lips "She didn't want to listen" she shook her head

"Stubborn like you already" he said and she nodded as she reached for his hands

"She's at a 7" Holly spoke up from the corner of the room with a smile "She has been progressing a lot quicker than they expected"

"Is that bad?" Colby questioned and Rebecca shook her head

"Getting through this quickly?" she questioned "Hell no" she said and he laughed and he felt her grip tighten "Speaking of" she said

He knew she was strong, she was tough but watching her go through this pain that was no doubt almost unbearable he found out exactly how tough she really was.

Hours passed and the progression that was once going quickly had now slowed down she had been in labor at that point for 6 hours.

Then hour 7 came and went and then 8 and then 9 and 10.

There were walks up and down that same hallway for hours, contractions every 3 minutes and numerous showers to try and manage the pain. She didn't want pain medication, not that she was against anybody who did use it, whatever worked for them but for her she wanted to be in control of her body and to be able to manage the pain on her own.

Hour 14 is when things began to pick up quickly, 4:23PM she was checked again and finally after 14 long and grueling hours she was 10 CM dilated. She was going to be pushing very soon.

"Are you ready Lopez?" she asked and he looked down at her and placed a kiss on her head

"So ready" he nodded "Are you?" he asked and she nodded as she felt the immense amount of pressure "You're doing it" he said kissing her head once more and she nodded

the contractions at that point were constant, they were nonstop without a break, at least that's what it felt like.. more so that they were coming every minute.

The nurse came in and ran through a few practice pushes with her before the doctor came in and it was the real deal.

She pushed for two hours with no progress, the doctor and nurses weren't in a panic during that time or if they were they weren't showing it. These things happened sometimes and some deliveries took longer than others.

"Rebecca we may need to start discussing a cesarean" Linda said

"No" Rebecca shook her head "I can do it" she said

"Rebecca she's really not handling this well" Linda said as she watched the monitors "With every contraction you're having her heart rate is decreasing, and each time you're pushing it's going into the 60's" she explained