You're late

Stacey's pov

Checking myself one more time before getting out of the car, I ran a brush through my hair and spritzed on a few squirts of body spray to try and cover up Sean's cologne and the smell of sex on me. Hopefully the guys will be too distracted by the fact I'm over thirty minutes late to notice.

Not surprisingly, Shane and Mike were waiting for me in the lobby.

"Do you know what time it is, young lady?" Mike tapped his foot impatiently as he stood arms crossed, glaring at me intently.

"Yes," I said, timidly avoiding his gaze.

Mike tilted my chin up so I was facing his icy look.

"What time is it, Stacey Marie?"

Pulling my phone out of my purse, I glanced at it and replied nervously, "7:32pm."

Shane cleared his throat loudly before asking, "And what time did Mike tell you to be home?"

"Because of the previews the movie ran later than..." I started to make excuses for my tardiness but Shane interrupted me.

Speaking slowly and emphasizing every syllable, "WHAT. TIME. DID. MIKE. TELL. YOU. TO. BE. HOME?"

Swallowing hard, I responded, "7pm, sir."

"And?" Shane prompted.

"And what?" I honestly didn't know what he was getting at.

"7pm and what, Stacey? What did Mike say?" Shane questioned me sternly.

Seeing the blank look on my face, he prompted me further, "7pm and not a..."

"minute later," I sadly finished his sentence, knowing I was in for it now.

My fears were confirmed as Shane slowly stripped his belt from his waist and doubled it over. "You're going to go into my room and bare your bottom before bending over my bed and waiting for me to come in and deliver one stroke of my belt for every minute you were late."

I looked down at the floor to avoid seeing the determined anger chiseled upon Shane's face.

"Look at me while I'm speaking to you, Stacey Marie." I reluctantly looked up so Shane continued, "How many strokes will you be receiving?"

"Thirty two, sir." I wanted to argue but I knew it was fruitless.

"When Shane's done disciplining you, the three of us will have that discussion in my room that I promised you earlier. The one about how long you've been sneaking around behind our backs dating Sean. Am I clear, young lady?" Mike's tone was razor sharp.

Very stupidly, I rolled my eyes and sighed in response.

"Come on, Mike, do we really have to do this? I mean, what does it matter at this point anyway? Isn't it kinda moot?" I mumbled, in hopes of lessening the fallout from my disrespect.

Mike pinched the bridge of his nose, closed his eyes, and shook his head derisively.

"You did not seriously just ask me if we really have to do this? Yes, it most certainly is not only necessary but LONG OVERDUE, STACEY MARIE. MY GUESS IS, AT LEAST TWO YEARS OVERDUE AS YOU'VE BEEN LYING TO US THIS ENTIRE TIME, SEEING THAT BOY BEHIND OUR BACKS!" Mike was yelling now as he rubbed the back of his neck in frustration. "GET YOUR ASS IN SHANE'S ROOM RIGHT NOW AND ASSUME THE POSITION BEFORE I DRAG YOU IN THERE MYSELF, BECAUSE I CAN ASSURE YOU IF THAT HAPPENS, YOU WON'T WALK OUT OF THERE ON YOUR OWN TWO FEET!"

I'm not entirely sure what Mike's threat meant but I know when he swears, he's really pissed so I better do as he says. I headed for Shane's room but before I was out of earshot I heard Mike yell, "Consider your time with Shane's belt a mere warm-up for what you've got coming from me, young lady!"