Gone girl

Julie's pov

Mike and Shane have had us all on a short leash this past week. I know they're still annoyed with me for using Mike's credit card without permission and Lisa's definitely still in the doghouse for lying about damaging Mike's car. Even though Mike didn't punish Carrie and Stacey for not ratting Lisa out for going to the festival at the riverwalk, he definitely wasn't happy about it.

The boys made it very clear at lunch this afternoon that we better have our room cleaned before dinner, so I started tidying up our bathroom as soon as we were done eating. Stacey and Carrie were busy hunting down some ice cream for dessert while Lisa was hiding in our closet, sneaking some texting time in while on her burner phone.

After cleaning our bathroom from top to bottom, I collapsed on my bed, put in my ear buds and turned up the volume on some Imagine Dragons. I may have closed my eyes just for a minute or two because I was startled awake when someone ripped my ear buds out.

"I thought I made myself perfectly clear that I wanted your room cleaned before dinner but now I find you lounging on your bed listening to music when your room is still a complete mess." Mike referenced the piles of dirty clothes on the floor and our overflowing wastebaskets.

Sitting up quickly, I replied defensively, "But, Mike, I was cleaning, I just..."

Mike interrupted, "I don't want to hear your excuses, Julie. It's quite obvious what you were doing." Pulling me up off my bed with a tight grasp on my arm, Mike swatted my bottom and said, "Now start cleaning, or else!"

"Mike, if you would just listen..." I whined, before being interrupted by Shane.

"For once just do as you're told, Julie, and don't argue, or you'll be cleaning with a sore backside." Shane glared at me with one hand on his hip and the other on his belt buckle. "Do I make myself clear?"

Knowing there was no point in trying to defend myself as neither of them would listen, I begrudgingly replied, "Yes sir." 

Mike took the opportunity to slap my behind once more before heading out the door.

"Don't make me tell you again, Julie," he threatened from the doorway.

Once they left, I threw my pillow across the room in frustration. I just can't deal with this anymore. First, I get punished just for knowing about something Lisa did wrong, then I get spanked twice by Shane for reading a text from Mike, and now I get yelled at when I'm the only one cleaning like I'm supposed to be. I need to get out of here and away from Mike and Shane so I can find someone to talk to and vent my frustrations. It has to be someone they won't expect so I don't have to worry about them finding out where I am and it has to be someone who won't make me come back here.

I think I know just the person. Lisa emerged from the closet questioning me as to what all the noise was from.

"I've gotta get outta here," is all I said to her before leaving. Once I was outside, I called Stacey's still a secret boyfriend Sean and blackmailed him into giving me a ride.

Approximately thirty minutes later

Julie's pov

"Julie! What are you doing here?" Tristan was definitely surprised to see me.

"Uh, can I come in?" I asked, somewhat nervously.

"Yeah sure," Tristan responded, stepping aside to allow me entrance into his townhouse. He looked outside for any sign of my ride and to check if I came alone, before closing the front door and questioning me further. "How did you get here? Does Mike know you're here?"

Hesitating, I replied, "I, uh, got a ride from a friend and no, Mike doesn't know I'm here and please don't tell him." 

"What's going on? Did something happen? Is Mike okay?" Tristan's clearly confused as to what motivated my impromptu visit and now he's starting to panic.