✨Chapter 9: The Benefits of Friends

Start from the beginning

"You guys compliment each other well bebita." Deja's mother smiled.

"Thank you." Kadence returned her smile before focusing on the tv again.

Kadence gulped hard as the date scenes vanished and it cut to the bedroom scene, and while Kadence hadn't made her appearance yet she was sure her family knew where the video was going especially with the name of the song being 'Body on Me'.

Everyone watched as Sabian and Kadence fed extremely well off of each other's energy, shamelessly feeling on one another as if they were actual lovers.

While Kadence wanted to be proud of every split, twist, turn, and dance moves she had executed perfectly - it was hard to when she could see the mortified look on her mother's face as she danced sexily on and around Sabian for the entire world to see.

"Well then" Riley said being the first one to speak once the video ended; However, her attempt to start the conversation failed as everyone stayed extremely quiet.

"How about we take the kids to get ice cream." Marissa, Deja's mother said standing up.

She was a very non confrontational person and knowing this family so well, she knew the silence wouldn't last long and she didn't want the children around for the showdown bound to happen any second.

"Agreed, come on guys" Deja's dad said gesturing for the five kids in the living room to follow them.

"Yay ice cream!" Ryan's daughter shouted as she skipped out of the living room with the other children.

"You did great honey" Marissa smiled, kissing Kadence's forehead before following Keith and the kids out the living room.

"So did you guys like the video?" Kadence asked knowing that nine times out of ten almost everyone's answers would be no.

"Honestly I loved it, I mean I might have to whoop my favorite rappers ass for feeling on you like that but as a fan and not your brother I fucked with it," Ryan said.

"Yeah I wish I didn't have to see you being all sexy and shit but it was cool and the song is definitely fire" Cameron said.

"Cool?" Farrah asked in an amused tone.

"Farrah." Charles looked at his wife hoping she wouldn't start a showdown during what should be a happy moment for his daughter.

Sure, he could have gone without seeing his youngest daughter in sexy clothing grinding on a man he didn't know - he was proud of her accomplishment and didn't want her day to be ruined.

"No Farrah nothing, there was nothing tasteful about that video. I mean - I wasn't sure if I was watching a music video or a damn porno" Farrah responded.

"Come on mom it wasn't that bad, I mean the video is called body on me, what did you really think you were going to see?" Cali said actually coming to her sisters defense, something she rarely did but knew was necessary in this case.

"Well I didn't think I was going to see that! What will
my friends think, what will your grandparents think?" Farrah yelled making everyone in the living room uncomfortable, especially Deja who was wishing she had left with her parents and brother when she had the chance.