Chapter 11: Su Maldito Veneno

Start from the beginning

"But Chris is the other leader. He's like a vice fucking president. With his sister in prison, he'll wreak havoc on all of us. He has close to the amount of power she does, Chris is not to he underestimated," Tommy warned.

"You overestimate Chris and you underestimate me. I know what the hell I'm doing, Tommy Gun," Dinah sassed.

"Are you sure? Because Lauren going to prison seems like a long sho—"

"I'm sure, boss. Just sit back and watch. You won't be disappointed," Dinah convinced him. She gained more of Luca's trust like she did Chris. Ask her what the reason was for her setting up two bosses of rival gangs—one of them she's involved with—and she'll simply feed you the response that she's tired of all things going to hell. The less anyone knew, the better.

"Good. Then we go with your plan and wait until Lauren is in prison to carry out the rest," Luca said as he grabbed a red apple and bit into it harshly, chewing with a boastful smile.

-

South Miami High was an absolute nightmare close to the summer time. Teachers couldn't use the A/Cs because they never worked, the fans barely kept a cool breeze circulating around the room to prevent the students from sweating bullets or coming close to fainting due to heat exhaustion. And every time anyone asked for a drink of water from the fountain, they'd be denied more than they'd receive a 'yes'—thanks to all the other students who used that request as an excuse to skip class. Unhappy, overheated students led to talking back and refusal to do any assignment the teachers put out.

"Quiet down! Helloo!" Ms. Xavier tried getting everyone's attention. They just kept talking over her, throwing papers, opening bags of chips, popping gum, and changing seats to sit next to their friends. She huffed and folded her arms, standing in front of the blackboard with a grimace. "Um, excuse me! I will wait!"

"Okay, and? You gon' be waitin' forever, so you might as well sit down and read a book," Emiliano called out over the loud chatter going around the classroom. His classmates heard him and broke out into laughter, making him feel good about himself.

"You better watch that mouth, mister Arias. That state test is coming next week and I still don't see you picking up a book. Remember, I'm not the one who has to take it. You do," she reminded. She'd shade him but that would get her fired. These kids had a knack for getting teachers fired all year long.

"Miss, can't we just relax today? It's Friday," Normani whined, fanning herself with her folder.

"So? As long as it's a school day, there's no free time to relax and avoid doing your work—no excuse."

"Ms. X, you trippin', man. It's too hot for all this," said a random kid, the other students agreeing with him. "Yo, somebody open up a window. One of y'all clearly ain't had a shower. Musty asses."

"Franklin, please watch your mou—"

"I got friends and you got friends. They hop out and you hop in. I look fly and they jockin'. The way you drop, drop makes me wanna pop. IS YO MAN..ON THE FLOOR..IF HE AIN'T, LET ME KNOoOoW. LEMME SEE IF YOU CAN RUN IT, RUN IT. GIRL INDEED I CAN RUN IT, RUN IT."

A group of girls sitting around Normani broke out into a little sing along to Chris Brown's hit song that only came out last year. They didn't even need music, they were always singing and having competitions randomly. Ms. Xavier gave up and sat down, assuring the only quiet student that it was okay and he didn't need to worry about her. The girls continued singing and Normani started dancing in her seat, gaining some attentions from her fellow classmates.

"Shut the fuck up!! Music class is next period, y'all can't wait?" someone complained.

"Boy, I will lay your ass out. Fall back," Normani jumped to do something and he flinched.